hi my daughter is 14 and she is 11 stone in waight i have spoke to her about it and she has tried very hard but she is still complaining that nothing helps she doesnt like exersize that much and she loves her food please help me i am at witts end i dont know what to do.

If she's not willing to exercise AND/OR work on her eating, I'm sorry to say, she won't be losing any weight anytime soon. That's just the way it goes, unless of course she wants to go through surgical procedures which shouldn't really be an option unless you're extremely obese or have other health problems. Best to go the natural way. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

You need to cook her healthy food. If she wants to lose weight she can't eat junk anymore. Try getting her to eat fruit. Bananas, apples, grapes, pineapples, oranges, nectarines, plumes. Or vegetables. Kale, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, peas, lettuce. There are tons of ways to cook vegetables that will make them taste different. Make her salad with chicken or eggs in it. Or you could toss some nuts and cheese in instead. You could even try buying her yogurt with fruits in it. Take the soda away and give her juice and water. Her diet is key to her weight loss, and she needs you to help her, she needs your support. You need to have a calm conversation with her and see what she's willing to try. Remember, she is still growing and her body is still changing, she's still in the 'hard headed' stages of her life. Also, be careful she doesn't grow into an eating disorder (bulimia, anorexia, ect). Best of luck!

hello ma'am i'm chloe, i am 13 now and i am quite big myself. i weigh 71kgs but am on the path to losing weight. I know you want to help your daughter but if she doesn't stop consuming too much, she ain't going no where. The best thing to do is to encourage her to at least consume half of what she eats and also help her do light exercises for example 1-3 times a week. If she doesn't cooporate, you are going to have to control her a bit more like locking the pantry or not buying her favorite junk food. As much as she may break down at this or get pretty angry at you it's for her own benefit, so good luck