So for a few months a had a small part of my tonsil sticking out of one of the pores. It was the same as the rest of the tonsil but it seemed to come out of nowhere one day. I didn't pay much attention to it until a couple days ago I could feel something in my throat bothering me and the projection had swollen up with blood and was a dark red. After that it turned white and is still there on my tonsil. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen?

Hello Dawn.... You may have what is called a tonsil stone.  It is caused by a collection of white debris that collects in the pockets of the tonsils.  It can cause a sore throat or inflammation.  Some are not visible, but in your case, you can visualize it.  You can choose to remove it with a Q-tip, careful not to traumatize the tissue around it, if it bothers you.  It can make swallowing uncomfortable to have it present in your tonsil.  You can have the area numbed by a doctor, who can remove it as well.  These stones can cause bad breath as well since they are full of germs and bacteria.  Has any of our forum readers had tonsil stones?  What do you do about them?