my s 9 yr old has a real dry throat for two days what can i do for him? %-)

Buy Pitta bread ( this one) better if you buy it from fresh bakery. Usually you can find the right one from some Arabic stores. Mix that bread in GHEE ( if you don't know what is GHEE or Pitta bread, you can search these words' images online). Means heat the pitta bread on stove and then try to make small pieces of it and mix it with little GHEE. Don't make it extra oily. But normal and sprinkle some sugar on it, so your kids can eat it easily. Give him the same mixture twice a day for a week or few days more. I hope it will work. It works for my brother.

I get dry throats too but the way to fix that is to not have your house to cold. I always drink lots of water and fluids when my throat is dry and when your throat is dry for 2 days than it is normal and if the fluids and soft foods don't work than go see a doctor because that is exactly what i did and it worked really good for me. And make sure that he takes some pain relief too but don't give him nothing that is hard but just soft and wet. :-D