Hi, I have chronic yeast infection in throat. I’ve treated it with Nystatin drops but without much success, since it reoccurs again and again. Is there any other effective treatment for yeast?

Hi, apart from using medications you should also change your diet. If you intake less sugar the yeast will die, because it feeds on sugar. Don’t forget that all sorts of pasta, bread and all other bakery products, sweets, cakes are carbohydrates. Mushrooms, vinegar and alcohol should also be avoided. Cheating on diet will allow the yeast to grow again. Consumption of Acidophilus, the friendly bacteria which lives in our digestive tract, can counteract an overgrowth of candida. It is advised to take yoghurt twice longer than medications. For maximum results acidophilus should be taken on an empty stomach. Additionally, garlic, olive leaf extract and other natural products have antifungal properties.