Hi, I have been trying to lose several extra pounds I have put on during the years. I am on a diet and I have started to lift weights. But, I cannot lose any weight. However, because I often eat very little during the day, I wake up at night hungry. I have to eat something, because I can't go to sleep. Is this eating at night problem or not?

Hi, it is good that you have decided to lose those extra pounds. This is good not only for your looks, but for your health as well. This implies only if you are losing those pounds correctly. Unfortunately, you are not. I know what I am talking about, since I was in a similar situation some time ago. I was so desperate to lose weight I hardly ate anything during the day. But, like you when the night would come, I would stuff myself. Sometimes I thing that with night meals I would eat more than I have eaten during the day, when I wasn't on the diet. The workout didn't help either. But the main problem was night eating. You should do as I did. I have talked to a nutritionist about my desires. She told me that those night meals were very bad, since all of the energy from that food was transforming into fat. But, when I was working out, because I would starve myself, I didn't lose any of it. Instead I was burning out muscle mass. The nutritionist composed a diet for me and with it ant the workout pretty soon I achieved my desired weight.