My son has not smoked marijuana in 5 months. Since, he stopped smoking, he said he didn't want to have sex as much as he use to and ask me if it was coming from him not smoking anymore? I am in recovery from herion and cocaine use, so he thought I could help him with an answer. Can you give me some information about this? Thank you, Pearl

Hi Pearl. I used to smoke ciggarettes and marijuana heavily and daily. Over a year ago I quit ciggarettes and I noticed that my sex drive did decline. I quit my daily marijuana use 5 days ago and I've noticed it's declined even more. I shared a ciggarette with a friend the other day and it made me have some arousal...so...you're right. It's probably linked to inhalation of smoke into the lungs.

Good day!

I can speak from my own experience since I was using weed as an afrodisiac like so many other people.  It was amazing at the beginning, I was so relaxed and I wanted to enjoy even more, so I was smoking one after another. That was a really bad choice because very soon I started to feel weird, I was not able to control myself or my body.  All that I really want to say is that sex is all about your enjoyment. You should not pressure yourself because quitting is a stressful act on the body and the mind. If somebody really wants to stop using weed, it is possible. I did it and I was at that 60-90 days detox are totally possible and in this time period, strange things may happen to your body and mind. It is hard but possible. 

i have just oposite exspirience
when i stoped smoking marihuana and cigarets i got at least 2 times more turned on :-) and also sex was better