her breasts have been hurting, shes been slightly nauseous, and I think shes starting to have mood swings. we had sex about a week ago. do you think shes pregnant?

If gf has been faithfully taking her bc, i wouldn't worry much. Besides that, enough time has not lapsed for her to be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. Sometimes bc can cause breast discomfort and it can also make the stomach queasy.

How long as she been on birth control? It may not be agreeing with her or she may have to be on it for a few cycles just so that her system gets used to it. If it continues to disagree with her, she may have to have a consult with her doctor to discuss a bc change. It is not out of the ordinary for a women to go thru a few different types of bc before they finally find the one that will agree with her body.

Bc can also cause some mood swings or she may be starting to stress herself out thinking that she could possibly be pregnant.

well she took it for lik 2 years, then stopped for a month, then started back. we had sex a little over a month after she started back

Amonth into bc is ample time for it to be effective. Some say a week, some say 2, but a whole month sounds perfect.
Is it the same kind that she took before? I think it's reacting like she just became a new bc user. A month off bc is plenty of time for her body to think that it no longer gets the hormone change and she is now upset to the stomach with tender breasts because she has re started the pill. Her body has got to get used to this new hormone all over again.

I would say not to worry right now, i can't say don't worry at all, ever, because anything is possible. But i wouldn't think that she is pregnant right now.

she had some white discharge yesterday. does that mean anything?

When a women becomes pregnant, she will notice an unusually sizeable amount of discharge, this is also a "hint" that conception may have taken place, but i still say it's to soon for her to know. She can't take an HPT test yet as not enough time has passed.

well, it wasnt a lot of discharge and thats the only time.

I don't think you have to worry much right now, but you need to relax. Every female has some kind of discharge some times, it's normal.
You can't let a sore boob suddenly turn into a pregnancy symptom, or an upset stomach or discharge.

When is her period due :-|

in a week or so. sorry, Im just kinda freakin out, because Im 18 and shes 17 and we're in our last year of highschool.

I know your freakin out, i was 17 once too. I had more pregnancy scares than i care to remember :$ Wait about a week and take an HPT, there are a few on the market that will detect the pregnancy hormone up to 5 days before she actually misses her period. There is not much you can do right now, that ship has sailed. But in the meantime, don't stray to far into the internet. Tho a wonderful source of reliable information, the net can really freak you out, especially being that you and your gf are so vulnerable right now.

I really believe that gf was fully protected by her bc, a month is plenty of time. Please, i know it's easy for me to say but, try to relax. If she is stressed cuz you are stressed, this could delay her period to. Stress does a lot of weird things to our bodies as well as our minds, including keeping her period well out of site for a fair amount of time.

I am here when you need to talk and don't apologize for asking questions, that is what i am here for ;-)

thank you so much! and you're absolutely right, the internet has scared the living c**p out of me.

Listen Jeff, come back and let me know what's up okay. If you just want to talk, i'll be here, if you still worry and are scared about this situation, i'll be here for you. Never hesitate to log on ;-)

well, lets say she did turn out to be pregnant. what could we do about jobs/housing because I would assume we couldnt go to college

Okay, lets assume she is pregnant. You sure can go to college, both of you. Please don't shove your education under the rug just because there is a baby on the way. Being pregnant is not a disease or a handicap, it's just a minor set back for some, but a tru miracle for others. Both of you can finish school, have the baby, and go to college like you have planned. There are several Uni's that provide day care right on campus, or depending on your financial situation at that time, Social Services will pay for your Day Care as long as the both of you are doinging something productive with yourselves. Just know to get full time Day Care paid, you can't lay around and collect money from the fat of the land, you would have to do the best to show that your attempting to provide for your family.

As far as housing, once again you may need to enlist the help of Social Services, they may be able to provide you with paying all or part of your rent, they may provide you with food stamps and medical for you and your baby, actually they will give medical to your baby and his/her mother for sure. It's called No Child Left Behind. You may have to get a job even part time and go to school the other half, Social Services will and should help you. WIC is a wonderful benefit given to pregnant moms and children up to the age of 5 years old. This includes milk and fresh vegetables, cereals and cheese, tuna, soups, breads and pastas for the pregnant mom. When baby comes you will get all the formula you need, providing mom isn't nursing. You will continue to get plenty of milk and veggies and the menu will change as baby gets older to accomodate his/her growing nutritional needs.

Now there is always this option. Once again, assuming she is pregnant, how about talking to the grandparents, there are two sets i presume. You may be scared to think about that as some grandparents could get a little "feisty" when the news is first broke to them, but we get used to the idea and as it ends up, we want the best for a our grandkids, no matter how mad we may get, we always come around. My mom/dad almost had heart attacks when i told them the news, i was 18 to. They yelled and bitched and did the "oh my god, you gotta be kiddin me" thing, my mom cried, my dad threatened to kick the snot out of my bf, but after it calmed down, my parents bought out the baby store and my dad bought every sports thing he could find, i just got pregnant and didn't even know if i was going to make it thru without complications, but it didn't matter to them. I had a full stocked nursery and every piece of sports anything you could think of and i wasn't even 3 months along yet.
When my son was born it should have rendered a national holiday, today he is 33 and still spoiled by his grandparents. Both my girls got pregnant out of wedlock in their teens, so what, the baby's are here and healthy and beautiful, all 4 off of them now.

yeah Im just really scared of what the parents would do. Ive read horror stories about both the guy and the girl being kicked out.