It all started a while back with pins and needles going through my arms and intensifying in my finger tips on both arms and hands. A week after that (the pins and needles had died down by then), I noticed that there were small dots under my skin on the pads of my fingers (the bit with the swirl). Now, a few days ago, the skin above the dots has come loose and a single layer of skin on each finger pad has started peeling off without pain. It just peels off, and where the dots were are patterns of skin that also peel off, under that is just smooth skin that is slightly more sensative. Any idea what this could be?

How long has this been going on?

I am experiencing the same symptoms and am getting very nervous. If you have figured out what it is, or if this has stopped, please let me know.

hi the skin on my fingers is also peeling, it appears to be spreading. i asked a pharmacist and he said it could be due to stress, but im only 18 and when i told my mum she said 'ha! stress! 18year olds dont get stressed' i am really worried. it makes my hands look terrible. ive tried moisurising but it seems to make it worse?? PLEASE HELP!! im too shy to go to the drs about it.

I had the same symptoms. b12 supplements helped me. I took 1000mg a day until it went away.

That happens to me 2-3 times a year, if it is what I have it is called Dyshidrotic dermatitis. There is no permanent way to get rid of it but hydrocortisen creme seems to help.

I have had this problem in the past and I think I traced it to an allergic reaction to cold medicine such as Nyqull, Contact etc. I think it is anything that has histamine

Same thing has been happening to me,and I am only 11 years old.It makes my fingers red on the tips and it hurts when anything touches it.I wish it wud go away!! :'(

Cured!
Hi there, I visited this forum because I had the same condition on my fingertips. Layers of skin was coming off. I went to the doctor and he gave me cortizon. He tested the skin and ruled out fungus, so he thought it was eczema. I applied the cortizone for weeks and it did not help that much. I was using massive amounts of lotion and vitamin C oils, that didn't help either.

BUT! Then it occurred to me that if I can keep this away from irritants (soaps, oils), etc, and if I can keep from picking the skin that is sloughing off, maybe it would get better. One problem is that the skin there seemed so dry no matter what oils I put on there. I went and bought the silicone type hydrogel bandaids and bandaid'd all of my fingers. Unlike traditional bandaid, these are supposed to stay on for days and act like a second, moist skin. Look for it in the drugstores, it looks something like this: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I applied it for 4 days. Meanwhile, the fingers felt much better with a moist "second skin" on them. With that, the skin was able to regenerate and the different layers of deterioration finally healed into one complete layer of skin. The new skin is kind of smooth and less sensitive (without deep fingerprints) and a bit wrinkly and tender. I have been applying lotions to keep it But, at least it is not peeling anymore!

I hope this will help everyone!

Take care,
Julie

omy gosh im only 12 and i just came back from vacation and my skin is peeling in layers and it burns its on both hands 2 fingers on the one and 3 on the left its really bugging me :cry: i got so irritated i just started chewing it off gross right lol i cant get it to stop but at least i know that im not the only one though. :cry:

Mine are peeling too, but isn't all of my finger tips. Just my thumbs, index, and middle fingers of both hands. My mom thinks it's because I use my iPod too much. I am going to the doc about it soon so if she tells me anything useful I will try and remember to post it here

the bottom of my finger out of no where started peeling and i am getting worried what should i do

SAME! I'm 12 and mine's peeling off too. And its just not going away. I want this to stop because it looks ugly!! :( ;(

Your mum seems really funny!
I have a iPod 4 gen

Your mum seems really funny!
I have a iPod too touch 4 gen
Same thing happened to me too!
(So saaaaaadd)