I've had irritation of both eyes for almost 1 year now. I've seen a GP, 3 dematologists and 1 allergist. No one seems to know exactly what it is. Three of the doctors think it might be eczma but 2 do not. It is localized only around the eyes and close to the brow. It iches ALOT!!!! I'm ready to rip my eyes out. It is swollen, red, now chapped and peeling and I feel it is due to the constant rubbing of the eyes. Most of the doctors prescribed a steriod to help with the inflammation. IT WORKS. However, two days after the steriod medication is done, it comes back. One doctor placed me on an aggressive amount of steriods (a little over 3 weeks), plus gave me topicort (steriod cream for the eyes). This did keep it at bay; however, it came back again. A woman I know, saw my eyes and told me this is exactly what she had and it turned out to be a bacterial infection due to old makeup....I don't wear much makeup. Only on occassions, but could it possibly be a bacteria infection? I know this all came about when I got a certain product for the face in my eyes and wasn't suppose to. Could that have caused my problems? I've mentioned this to all the doctors and they said highly unlikely. But if it is a baceria infection, would steriod use clear it up totally? Or is an antibiotic needed? I need some help. My eyes are soooooo sore from rubbing. I can actually push my eyeballs back far into the socket, that's how hard I rub......Any help will do......PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I think I have all my doctors stumped.....They keep referring me out....What can I do?????

I don't know if we have the same thing, but im about to go to the doctor to get my eyes checked out. Mine havn't gotten that far, but it's been going on for about a month now.I don't use much makeup either, just some concealer. I don't use it anywhere near my eyes. They just started hurting out of nowhere and it wont stop. I've tried eyedrops. They worked at first, but now it's started making them hurt more. I havn't been using to much either. Hope it won't last as long as your's has =(

Hi there, I have the same problem as you do. I visited a specialist & she told me that its because of hypersensitvity & dry eyes. She prescribed some eye drops & she also warned not to touch the inside of my eye with fingers, tissue, nothing. You had better get it checked with a specialist asap.

I was told i got product too close to my eye. I also have a skin tag that swells up in the corner of my eye n it is sooooooooooooooooo itchy that i don't know what to do!