Hi, guys. I got pregnant with a man that I barely know. I don’t want to tell him since I don’t want him as a part of my life. However, I am thinking of keeping this baby. I am only afraid that this child won’t have a father in his/her life. I wonder how father figure is important in baby care. Thanks.

Hello. I see you have limited your question to baby care, not entire childhood or adolescence, so I will try to limit my answer as well. I think baby care is easier to be done when you have a man beside you. I have two babies and I know how helpful my husband was. You cannot do all of that on your own. However, if you think that this man is not competent enough, then it is better to remove him from your life. I think he has the right to know, but at the end, this is your choice. Father figure is very important for baby’s later life. Childhood and puberty are not the same without a father. That is why I recommend you to think well again before you make your final decision. When he/she grows up, you will be asked what happened with the father. You should better prepare a good answer.