I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. The father informed me that his opinion would be to get an abortion, but he is willing to support me no matter what. Should I feel bad about wanting to keep the baby when the father and I don't really have a serious relationship? I realize that the choice lies, ultimately, with me, but am I being unfair?

To start, choosing life for you baby is never unfair. However, if you don't feel that you can give the child adequate love, and good home to be raised in, you may want to consider other options, like adoption. I have never been pregnant, so I can't say how I would feel in your position, but I honestly know that I could never have an abortion. I personally feel that abortion is unfair, but I do not want to push my feelings on you. If the father wants the abortion, and you don't, follow your heart. Ultimately its your body, and your baby, if you want to keep it and provide for it, love it, care for it, then who is he to tell you not to? I think you need to consider whether or not you can handle being a single parent, if the father chooses not to be in the picture. There is a lot to think about in your situation, but if you can't fathom the idea of an abortion, you may want to look into an open adoption, where you can be involved in your child's life, but give them a life you may be able to provide right now. I wish you the best in making this decision, remember, follow your heart!

-C.