I have the exact same symptoms. Obviously it is something if do many of us are sharing the same experience. I too have shoulder pain but didn't associate it until now. A few have the exact same thing. It scared me because when I bend it feels like it is licking into another organ and I quickly get up an wriggle a bit to get it out. Can't physically touch it but I can totally feel it in me. Right under my right rib about an inch to the right of the centre. My right. I thought it was cancer! I went to tell my FDA and he looked at me like I was crazy. I then asked that maybe I had stones. I had an ultrasound and I have between 15-20 stones. Not sure if the lump was related to the gallstone or not?

These are very similar to symptoms that I have suffered (still have the lump under ribs with pain) but the other symptoms cleared up after I went gluten free. It took soooo long to discover the diagnosis (I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) of Severe Celiac Disease that I am worried that it has caused something seriously detromental to my health.

I've had the exact same symtoms for a few months, & went for an endoscopy yesterday.  It turned out to be a Hiatial Hernia. I was very relieved, after reading all of the postings from various peoples.

Wow-I landed on this page when I was trying to research my symptoms....I didn't think I'd find so many with the same problem! I, too, for years, have been getting the painful lump in the bottom of my ribs, right side. Mine come and goes (but I can't figure out what brings it on or makes it go away). I get a really painful, dull ache that goes from the inside of my bottom ribs, around the waist, to the back. In my back, it radiates up to my mid-back, even to the shoulder blade. I feel like I have a rib out, and it needs to be 'popped' up. Plus, I can actually feel my rib catching on/bumping something, when I twist at the waist or move wrong. It really, really hurts.....the area right above the bad part feels bruise, also. I've had 3 back surgeries, so my back is always in pain-but this is much different. I have noticed that the area will relax when I take a muscle relaxer. RX pain meds hardly do anything, I have 2 lidocane patches on it right now, still feels horrible. Maybe it is skeletal-I had an ultrasound to check out a an area I had over my bellybutton, but it was a 'fatty lump', lol. Here's my stats so we can all compare: I'm over 30, female-I don't work, so no repetitive movement here. I'm not overweight, 122-125 and 5’5". Have had back surgeries. Oh-I am prone to getting lumps, which are nothing but annoying, called lymphomas....anyone else? I wondered if it was just that? Also, has anyone gone to the chiro to work it out? I think that's my next try......it's most certainly frustrating and annoying-but mine really, really hurts when it flares up-and that's what it does-flare.

Hi, I have many of the symptoms everyone is talking about. Mine started about 3 years ago as a dull ache under my right rib cage that eventually became a strip/mass that I could feel along with terrible indigestion and bloating. I couldn't sit for long periods of time and when I bent over (tying shoes, etc.) it felt like something was folding just below my ribs and getting stuck. I had to stand quickly and straighten up to ease the pain. I have been to several doctors and have had many tests done. The first thought was that it had to do with my hiatal hernia, but the gastro doctor said it wasn't. I have had my gallbladder checked (both an ultrasound & hida scan). Liver function was fine, blood work fine with the exception of very low vitamin D. The most recent test was an upper endoscopy which included a biopsy that came back showing that I am positive for an H Pylori bacteria infection. 70% of the U.S. population has it, but a low number of people show symptoms. It is contributed to 80% of gastritis, peptic ulcers and can lead to stomach cancer/lymphoma if not treated. The bacteria embeds itself into the lining of the stomach and causes inflammation as well as reflux problems. I was put on a regiment of 2 antibiotics and prilosec for 2 weeks and then did a breath test 2 months later to see if it cleared the infection. I just got the result today and it is negative so I'm now waiting to see if all the symptoms go away. So far they are easing up. H Pylori is found especially in under developed countries with poor water conditions. The only thing I can figure is our trip to the Dominican several years back. We didn't drink the water, but I can't help thinking about the food we ate being cooked with local water and probably the drinks being made from the water also. Hope this helps.

I have that too. It has been going on for years, when I bemd over it feels like something pops out of my ribs and I have to wiggle around to get it to go back. It id painful in that area for a fee days after it happens :/ I have an appt in a couple days

I don't think these doctors know what they are doing today.  So many people have similar symptoms and these dumb a-- doctors can't even figure it out.  We should all be doctors.

Im a 36 male that had my gallbladder removed 7 years ago. I also had a kidney stone 5 years ago. 3 days ago i also got this phantom discomfort under my right rib. Feels like pressure, not pain. It wraps around my back and sometimes into my lower pelvis. It cannot be gallstones or kidney stones as those are both very painfull and would produce other symptoms. Pain meds seem to help me a bit. I have no insurance so unless this gets worse ill have to live with it. I also have a simple cyst on my right kidney they found 8 years ago but unless it got bigger and needs to be drained i doubt its that. Tbh im stumped and would like some answers.

wow. I can't believe how many people have these symptoms.  I went to see a specialist a few weeks ago and now they say I may have a fatty liver.  That is what they came up with.  They don't think it is the gall stones. No one seems to think that the feeling of something getting stuck in my rib feeling is something that is too concerning.  Sorry about all the typos on my previous email. Had to laugh. ugh.
I go for an ultrasound in the next few weeks because I wouldn't take the answer they were giving me.  I feel something. Not all the time. It depends how I bend.  They thought it was a full tummy.  It doesn't always happen AFTER I have eaten.  It can even happen in the morning.  
It is just awful how so many doctors just brush things off only to find that they were mistaken.  I hope this isn't the case and it is not something serious like stomach cancer.  I am getting scared looking at all of these posts.  
I will try to eliminate gluten and see if it helps.  

Same thing. Decided it was muscle after pulling wheeled suitcase in airport. Went away after rest and care. I'm 58, a tiny bit overweight, and sedentary

Quote:

I have the exact same thing for years now, maybe 6-7. It started as an uncomfortable feeling/light numbness on the right bottom of my chest, somewhere about underneath the right lowest rib. That kept on for years. It's gradually becoming worse and for about one year now, I too feel as if there is something under my skin at that area. At least that's how it used to feel, something under the skin. Now it feels more like it's even under the ribs. Something like a bubble, as someone posted above. A soft small bubble which feels bigger and harder everytime I get it. That spot constantly feels weird and uncomfortable but when I bend my upper body, like to tie my shoes etc., it hurts really bad. It feels like the worst cramp. And this kind of "bubble" thing that I feel in there gets all big and hard and I have to immediately straighten my body and stay still while pushing this thing down hard, in order for it to ease up.
When it eases up, usually after a few seconds, it feels as if the air in this "air-filled bubble" goes away and the thing gets pulled back inside between the two lowest ribs.
I've done all kinds of tests more than once, been to all kinds of doctors but noone came up with a diagnosis to it. So, I decided to do my research to it online.
The only diagnosis I could match was Diaphragmatic hernia. It has all the symptoms I and you all here are experiencing plus it can not be diagnosed with X-rays, CT, ultrasound etc. The only way to diagnose that is with endoscopy.
I haven't done the endoscopy yet, so this is my next move. I don't know what to hope for. That I'm right, and all the stress of getting to know what's wrong with me ends there but new nightmare with possible surgery begins? Or that I'm wrong, and I avoid surgery yet I'm still worried and scared of what it could be? And what if it is something worse than the hernia?
Anyway, I haven't booked the endoscopy yet, they told me you get an appointment to do it in like 2 months after you call to book it. I'm kinda scared to do it but I know I have to and need to, so I will. I'll try to do so soon. And when I do, I'll make sure to post back, unlike all these people that posted above saying that they'll post back news.
Till then, hopefully much sooner, someone that knows will read this thread and help me and us all. It's really making me worry more to read this thread and find no answers, given that the thread was opened 2 years ago, in 2008. Come on, people, please help us!

Thanks,
V

Hey - just curious to know if you found out what it was? I have the EXACT symptoms you described and have been worried for years with no diagnosis and told something different by every doctor and specialist ive seen. It went away for about a year and has just come back. help!

courtgirl wrote:

Quote:

Thanks,
V

Hi, I still have this weird feeling after many years. My doctor says it is my gall stone. I have 1 large one. I don't get any pain just this lump. I am too scared at the moment to have it out. I have gad an endoscopy (twice) and if you ask to be anethistised it's ok. I'm the biggest coward going so if I can do it anyone can. I too have a hiatus hernia and acid reflux so it could really be anything. I am now told I could have liver problems. My opinion is, I have had it for so long now that if it was serious it would have developed into something by now. Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand but I feel quite well considering so at the moment I am leaving well enough alone.

Got same pain after wheeling 28 kg suitcase at airport! Odd!

I have finally come to the conclusion that it feels like a Charlie horse right under my right ribs when i bend over! I am overweight and have been diagnosed with an enlarged/fatty liver. I'm positive it's my liver. The dull ache that i have all the time goes to my right side. I was just wondering if other people ever had this issue. Quite comforting to find this site!

Hi, any updates on that lump feeling below the ribs, I habe the same feeling, was a bit nervous, I have u/s tomorrow, just wondering what any of u found out lately.