I am not sure if I am on right place…anyway…here is my problem. My cat had terrible diarrhea, so I took her to vet, naturally. She has so called “feline diarrhea” … but the thing that concerns me can this disease be transmitted on humans. Any information will be great. What causes this condition?

I have to tell you that diarrhea is not a disease. It is a symptom of many different diseases. There are many potential causes of canine and feline diarrhea, like intestinal parasites, bacterial or viral infections, dietary indiscretion, inflammatory bowel disease and intestinal cancer. I think that Clostridium perfringens is one of the most widespread pathogenic bacteria, and it has been associated with a range of diarrhea diseases in both humans and animals. As I know it is treated with antibiotics. That is far as I know about feline diarrhea. Why don’t you ask your vet about it?