I have experienced what you all have.  Mine started about 4 years back.  The area below my right thumb would get hard and peel.  It would come and go.  Last year, the pealing moved to the side of my right thumb.  I thought it was just eczema.  At the beginning of summer, my right index finger and other thumb started to do the same cycle: harden then peel.  I also thought it might be an alergic reaction to bleach since I wasn't wwearing gloves and cleaned a lot.  It also spent a lot of time at chlorinated pools with my son.  In the fall, my left middel fingertip  start to do the same while the peeling has stopped in the spot where it orignally started on my right thumb.  Now the peeling occurs in my left middle fingertip and thump top more than any other place.  It is very chronic and painful.  It is weird!  I started to think that it might be hormone related.  Although, if men have this happening it probably isn't due to the onset of menapause!  I have tried changing soaps and detergents but nothing has helped.  It does relieve me to know others are dealing with this issue as well.  Maybe Dr. Oz will do show on it???!!!

Does anyone who has this have a thyroid condition? I have this and was recently diagnosed with Graves Disease. I don't know if the problem is related, but mine has been better(not gone) since I had my thyroid removed.