I read the article about peeling finger tips. Mine have been doing this for about 8 years unable to find the cause would like to know if anyone else has had similar symtoms..What have you found out? Mine start with swelling and heat almost like I have burned them. Then they go numb and I am assuming new skin starts to grow unser because they almost feel like caluses. Then about a week later the began to peel all the way to the 2nd nuckle. Very thik skin comes off and the new skin is so tender and red it takes weeks to get it back to normal. If anyone has any information on this would like to know. The doctor once told me it was somthing I was allergic to I was getting on my hands. I have never found the result to be the same with keeping track every time it happens.

I too suffered with peeling fingers for 15 years. The last couple of years the peeling had become much more severe going down several layers of skin and besides it looking awful it was quite painful and something I was having a hard time ignoring. After Dr visit recommendations didn't help I showed my fingers to a neighbor and he said it looks like a burn to me. He asked what kinds of soaps I used and he suggested I stop using the Dawn dishsoap and try a milder, eco-friendly type of dishsoap which I did. I started thinking what do you do when you have a burn. You put ice on it. So I took a zip-locked baggie and put crushed ice in it. Then I folded the baggie in half and then wrapped it with a nonterry kitchen towel. I then folded the towel/ice baggie over my fingertips (so there was ice on both front and back of my fingers) and I sat with it and watched TV for about an hour. The next day the pinkness was greatly reduced and the soreness was gone. I put a little of the ointment on it for good measure. The breakouts declined and I always used the ice method when I had an outbreak. I started using neutragena bar soap, use baking soda for cleaning sinks etc. The outbreaks stopped. Then this last summer I had an outbreak and I thought back to what I had done differently and I realized that I had been using a bubble bath. I stopped that and I haven't had another outbreak since. All of this is after having one outbreak after another for years. So I think it must be an allergic reaction to environmental stimuli. So try changing the chemicals your skin comes into contact with with much milder versions and try icing. Icing has worked for me - I hope it can work for you as well! Good luck!