A new research was done on how unwanted pregnancy reflects on a woman. It was previously thought that women who terminate their first pregnancies are more likely to suffer from depression as they may feel guilty about their decision. However, the study proves opposite.
The researchers involved 1,247 women who aborted or delivered an unwanted first pregnancy between 1970 and 1992. The women were interviewed again after a couple of years to check upon them and see what effect their decision had on their lives. The study shows that those women who decided to go through with an abortion were not directly related to the risk of depression. On the other hand, women who decided to have unwanted babies were at greater risk of depression.
What is more, the study revealed that women who had an abortion had a higher level of education and income and lower total family size.

It is pre existing mental health that are better predictors of depression no matter what decision a woman makes.

Great info. Thanks so much.

I'm personally not a big fan of killing fetuses.

Well then maybe you shouldn't be reading these articles! I had to have an abortion because I did not have the means to care for a baby. It was awful (not painful but psychologically) and I am still very sad about it. But the baby would not have had a good life. Also I did not realize I was pregnant for almost 8 weeks and by then I'd still been living a normal life (drinking alcohol, not taking care of myself as if I would have needed a baby). I knew it was the best thing and it still caused me to have depression. It's been a month and both my fiance and I think about what could have been - what maybe can be in the future. It does cause depression, probably not in all people but I can attest to it!