Hi all, I've been diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and I'm learning all the things to do. This is my first time with BG meter, how are these readings? I get a fasting sugar blood reading around 110 and throughout the day I get hypos before a meal around 65 and 2 hours after up around 130. I'm trying to stick to my diet and exercise everyday but it is a little bit difficult. It's difficult taking measurements multiple times at work but I manage. So, what do you think? Am I doing okay so far or do I need to do something else with my diet and exercise? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, It looks like your readings are okay but you could tighten it up a bit. Your blood fasting looks good but it is a little low but nowhere near a danger level. You really want to be between 70 to 90 range. Your two hour after a meal at 130 is not bad but that could be lower. It will take some time to figure out what your diet needs to be. Everyone is different. There are certain foods that can cause spikes. Make sure you mix your foods by adding some protein and fats with those carbs to low down the absorption rate of the carbs. Slowing down the absorption rate will decrease your meter readings. And, remember that the home meters can be off as much as 20 percent so you could have been higher or lower than the measurement you got. You might want to try eating smaller meals more often to get a better handle on your blood sugar levels. I know that worked you me. It really took me 7 months to manage my sugar levels well and I'm told that's not bad. I wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work.