Hi, hope you can help, please. I am having a bit of an issue with my penis. Previously I have been able to masturbate and ejaculate with the foreskin covered right up to the tip of the penis hole. Obviously, this is inadequate in the long-run. I have recently just pulled back the foreskin on my penis. This has taken  around three days with stretching exercises. It was very sore after performing these exercises. I hope this is normal. Leaving it pulled back with the face of the penis exposed the area is insanely sensitive. Will this sensitivity die down? and, if it does, how long will it take? Just leaving it in my boxers it feels extremely strange and uncomfortable. I hope this is just a case of it being exposed to the elements for the first time. I would not even be able to entertain the idea of slapping a condom on as it just SO sensitive or, oral sex. I have been able to stretch it as far back as the side of the head where it should naturally fit.  As it is now, I am only able to get an erection by masturbating. It requires considerable effort on my part to even get an erection. This was not the case when I was sheathed.  As my penis gets harder, it gets more and more sore. Really sore. I have since tried to ejaculate and it is very painful, sore and uncomfortable. Although, more sore than painful, but they sort of equate to the same thing. I hope this is just a case of further stretching exercises to pull the foreskin further down over time.  Please note I have only pulled the foreskin so it fits naturally on the head. Should it go all the way down? It is very, very sore to do this though. Perhaps there is skin overlap blocking an area as I try to ejaculate? Hope so. I really do not wish to consider medical intervention. I freak out at the thought of this! I would really appreciate other peoples thoughts and expertise on this. Many thanks for your help.

Health Guru

Hi Mickey, I don't quite get what you mean about obviously this is inadequate, why is it?

Every guy with a foreskin finds the glands are very sensitive and get sore when they first start to pull there foreskin back and leave it back specially if it's rubbing on clothing, the best thing to do is during the day is to keep the foreskin over then at night sleep naked and pull your foreskin back that way it will get less irritated. It can take a while for the sensitivity to go but your find its worth it in the end, to help get use to the sensitive feeling try gently stroking the glands with a lubricated finger and that will help to.

When you say you have pulled it back so it  fits naturally on the head do you mean right back so it pits in the grove behind the head? 

Hi Mikey,

Everything you have described is NORMAL.  Your penis will be very sensitive after retracting the foreskin, yes because the nerves are exposed for the first time.  They'll become less sensitive in time, how long varies.

Don't force your foreskin back.  Let it come back on it's own.  Keep stretching!!!  Ideally your foreskin should slide up and down easily.

It won't happen overnight.  Give it some time.

Hope it helps.

Hi Guys, Many thanks for your help. Yeah, I am able to get the foreskin as far back as the groove just behind the head. Just how far down are you meant to pull it? Right to the bottom of the shaft? I did not realise this would be such a long-term thing to get it in working order. The main concern for me is just how sore and quite painful it is when I am fully erect. When I am close to ejaculation it is extremely sore, quite painful and very difficult to cum. This really concerns me, I hope there is not an issue with the frenulum? The following morning, after I stretched it back as far as the pit of the head, it closed over again and went back to how it was prior to me stretching. Is this normal? Thanks ever so much for your help.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin, which gives you a whole and complete penis. Many foreskin-deprived guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision,

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin contains the highly-innervated ridged band.

The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation.

The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.

Nature put the foreskin there to provide at least fourteen functions:

1. to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin.
2. to protect the infant's glans from feces and ammonia in diapers.
3. To protect against disease causing pathogens.
4. to protect the glans penis from friction, abrasion, and pain throughout life.
5. to keep the glans moisturized and soft with emollient oils.
6. to lubricate the glans.
7. to coat the glans with a waxy protective substance.
8. to provide sufficient skin to cover an erection by unfolding.
9. to provide an aid to masturbation and foreplay.
10. to serve as an aid to penetration.
11. to reduce friction and chafing during intercourse.
12. to serve as erogenous tissue because of its rich supply of erogenous receptors.
13. to contact and stimulate the G-spot of the female partner.
14. to produce pheromones to excite the female sexual partner.

The frenulum limits retraction. That does not seem to be a problem for you.

You should keep your foreskin forward covering the head except when you are washing it.

Masturbation works best when the foreskin is forward.

Health Guru
The reason it could be extra painful when your erect is because the harder your penis gets the more the glands swell causing a lot more pressure on the opening of your foreskin to stretch even more, what I would suggest is to have your foreskin over when you masturbate rather than right back them just let your foreskin glide back and forward as you masturbate, as we said the glands will be vary sensitive and will get better in time.
Hope this help and feel free to ask any other questions you have :)

Hi guys,

Thanks ever so much for the replies.

A week on and it is still very sensitive. Cleaning is a nightmare.

This is most apparent when my penis is flaccid and I peel the foreskin back past the groove of the penis head. It really quite hurts as the skin gets past the perimeter of the penis head. Particularly that ridge bit. Is this normal?

I am peeling back and forth so the entirety of the head is covered and then as far back as the frenulum will allow. I hope this is sufficient as far as stretching goes?

I hope I have made sense.

Any help here is really appreciated.

Many thanks

Health Guru
Hi, sounds like your doing everything just fine, the sensitivity will take several weeks before you notice anything different depending how much you can keep your foreskin pulled back so the head of your penis gets time to dry out and the skin to thicken up. Just carry on doing what you have been doing and everything will be fine.