I am worried about my partner and mine sexual intercourse. Almost every time we have sex he ends up with split foreskin. Obviously this is painful for him and usually we have to wait until it has healed to try again. To prevent this condition we have tried to be gently, we tried lubricating the area with jelly first. Also we tried condom for added protection, beside all this. Nothing seems to work, so I wonder if there is any treatment for this sort of thing?

I think there is nothing more you can do to help with splitting of foreskin. Maybe it’s time to see a doctor now. Probably he will need a surgeon who might do a very small operation and fix that to him. Information that I know about why this is happening to him may help you to understand. His problem probably is frenulum, skin that attaches the foreskin to the base of the glans. With your boyfriend it must be torn so it causes splitting of the foreskin. Some persons have short frenulum, which does not allow full retraction of foreskin during sexual intercourse. Doctor may perform an incision in his frenulum and place two statures to stop the bleeding. As for circumcision that is performed commonly, this may fix his problem. Although, it is overkill in this case, but I would recommend him to do it. That is the only way to stop this torturing of him, and start with normal sexual life.

I have the same problem. I recently had surgery to release my frenulum but i am left with my foreskin splitting (its very dry and tight) i believe to problem actually be a bacterial thing sort of like male thrush. So perhaps so anti bacterial cream....

I think thats same thing I am experiencing. I saw a urologist and he said it was a hair tear, but it happens on the same place each time I have sex. Any answers or suggestions.

what dose it look like after a wile??????

i am experiencing the smae problem as your boyfriend i am finnding that after sexual intercourse i am left with split foreskin and takes a couple of days to heal. i do not even enjoy the sex any more it is to painful i am only 16 an not sure about seeing a doctor although i supose i will have to.

Any help would be much appreciated

Joe

i am 31 and i have started to suffer with the same problem which is dragging me down big time. every time i masturbate im screwed. it is sooooo sore after. and goes red, when i recieve a blow job from my wife same thing and even after sex again it kills. i started to think my sperm was really acidy and was burning my fourskin. i tryed to use lotion when i wank but no joy.tryed going slow while she sucked me off again no joy and still sex kills it. im starting to be scared of sex.
i just dont know what to do. Alright doc every time i get me jollys off it hurts like hell.grown quite attached to me fourskin plus dont need any blades going near me old chap. help me obi wan kenobi
this is doing my head in !

I am a 30 year old male who experienced the same problem as you guys. A few years ago I was having some crazy sex (as you do), after I came I felt an amazingly sharp pain, like vinigar on an open cut. When I had a shower after I tried peeling back my foreskin and the pain was unbearable. After closer inspection i saw that my foreskin had been split open.

I couldn't have sex for a week or so, then after having sex again the weakened area near the top of my foreskin had split open again. For months and months I went through this. It got to the point where I no longer looked forward to the pain and began to lose my sex drive.

I discussed this with my partner and we couldn't think of anything that may help. Lubrication kind of helped, but it became pretty boring sexually, and it still occured.

For me circumcision was not an option as I was not interested in experiencing that kind of pain at my age. I turned to the internet and started researching the problem.

I came to my own conclusion that the in order to take the stress away from the weakened and slightly scarred skin now, i would need make my penis longer, or at least stimulate more bloodflow to create a healthier stronger penis.

How did I fix my problem? I bought a penis extender, and penis pump, and jelqing device. I have read alot about all 3 of the devices, after a while it becomes clear when you sort through the marketing and the facts on the actual uslefulness of them.

I have been using the penis extender for 6 months now along with the penis pump and the jelq. i have a regular routine and from this routine my penis has lengthened 2.5cm (inch). The result has meant that when I peel back my foreskin, then stress point where I had the split has moved and i no longer have the splitting problem.

My girlfriend has been very supportive. Initially we were both a bit weirded out by the strangeness of "Devices", but to be honest there was no other viable option and I was willing to try anything.

I still use all 3 devices daily as what once was a problem has now become more of a way of life. The other benefits of making my penis larger are much better sex life for the both of us, and much more self confidence.

I hope this information helps you.

i was recent masterbating and i have a small tare on my foreskin... this dosnt hurt but i think it split a small vessel as i had abit of blood and i have a swallen vessal i cleaned it stright away with salt water... that was painfull...would this heal pretty fast as im on the single que and have my eye on some who i wanna get with asap?

I have a small issue-- i am a guy-- had anal sex with another guy and now, my foreskin is split horizontally across, but not a lot...... Will this heal and will skin grow back or will I have a scar? I'm very worried about this.... I did put antibacterial cream on it-- please inform me....

thanks

Same problem here guys. I'm a 23 year old male. Masturbation is the main issue for me, it makes my foreskin dry and it split. I also tightens up to the point where peeing is a job and a half. Sex for me seems to have a large benefit though, in that the 'natural moisture' ( :/ ) seems to do wonders for healing mini me. Unfortunately I'm at university and my girlfriend is at a seperate uni 4 hours a way, so I only get to see her about once a month. Being a genuine, faithful guy, yet still inevitably turned on after a stint of no sex, it is only natural that on occasion I may be inclined to 'tug the precious meat to maturity'. --- (much to the dislike of the GUM nurse who tells me, "Don't masturbate, it will only make the problem worse!" .... Well nice GUM clinic lady... Ever heard of Broffenbrenners exosystem? :-| Well then. Tell your guy that he can't have sex or masturbate for a month and see where it gets ya... bloody medical close minded naivity! Live in the real world!)

I have been to GUM clinics twice about this problem and feel as though they do not listen and just go with what they usually offer to guys with skin problems on their junk... Wart cream. Second time I went I told them it hadn't worked, and told them it seemed to be a dermatological problem as the skin heals if left alone. I suggested I be referred onto a dermatologist but was ignored and once again... given the wart cream. Horrar indeed... it worked so well last time 8-| I really did try to argue the case that giving me the cream would do nothing, as it had done before... But hey, second time is the charm eh? Yay for pain!

Sorry for the rant at our national health service... I mean I can't complain seeing as it is a free service... and they have been brilliant with issues I have had in the past. But this seems to be a failing battle. I just find it very frustrating that I try to explain and get nothing but the same one liner as before... which I don't find funny when the "I recommend this cream" line, means at least a few months more of torture and the possibility of a scarred manhood for life. I plan to return to the GUM clinic ASAP and ensure I don't bottle out this time and just accept more cream. I look forward to a normal penis like I had in the past and was very happy with. I will update on here once I have results which are more positive, and some praise for the health service.

my names jade, me and my partner have been together for 2 months and we have been havin regular sex. after 1 wild night he started feelin pain when we had sexual intercourse. last night after sex there was blood all over and we both got worried, he looked and it appeard that he had split his foreskin. he thaught that he had brocken his matchine as he likes to call it but i saw the tare. i would like to know how to fix this and how long it will be till we can next have sex??

thank you

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I have the same problem and i've done some research, from the looks of it the only real perminant solution due to the fact that once it initially happens the skin seems to be weakened and will happen again alot easier is to get circumsized (not happening) or to get your skin split to make the opening of your foreskin larger and releave the stress on the weakened skin. i'm assuming the these tears occur at the tip of your foreskin when you are limp, that's where it is for me, i also think that it might be because my skin doesn't seem that strechy, not only on my foreskin but in general so i think it has a hard time stretching over my head when i get hard

I had the same issue - starting when I was 31, with my foreskin splitting at the end. I had enjoyed a regular and vigorous sex life since I was 15, and being highly sexed, masturbated several times a day as well, so it didn't start due to lack of use, as had been suggested by one doctor! My foreskin grew tighter due the scar tissue, and the problem became gradually worse. I could no longer stand up to pee as the foreskin was almost completely closed over the head, which also reduced the size of my erection, and I became sexually frustrated as the pain was so intense when it split, I was less willing to have sex and the inevitable pain which followed. It would take up to a week for it to heal over. I lived with it for seven years as I was afraid of being circumcised, which is what my doctor recommended, but eventually gave in and got cut.

The op and post op wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.

Unfortunately, circumcision hasn't helped much. I am pleased to be able to pee standing up once again, but the foreskin still splits open, directly below the head, at least a third of the circumference, sometimes all around, and the split can be up to three mm deep in places - believe me, that makes your eyes water. It's worse due to the fact that during intercourse the pain is less, but immediately after orgasm, I feel the full effect, and it can be horrifying. It can take up to three weeks for this to heal over completely now, which obviously puts a strain on my sex life. Lubrication helps slightly, the more slippery the lube, the less problem with tearing, but as another fellow noted, reduced friction equals reduced pleasure. Using a condom reduces the amount of tearing, but the circumcision has massively reduced the sensation I have from sex, so much so that using a condom, for all the pleasure I get from it, I may as well not be there - certainly I can't achieve orgasm this way. The reduced sensation has also reduced my libido, and I have far less interest in sex. I have re-visited my doctor who has suggested further surgery, but seems unable to explain exactly what that surgery might be or how it will help. In the meantime, I am provided with cream which does seem to soften up the skin, but does little else, and I'm told to live with it.

Some professional advice would be great here - it seems like a lot of people have the same problem, and the most commonly recommended solution (circumcision) has not helped me - on balance, the situation is worse. Anybody have some alternative options for resolving this issue? Right now, it has a huge impact on my life.

I'm glad I checked this site. I have penis skin splitting problem for years and I know if I go to the doctor about it I'm going to get the "circumcision" suggestion again. I'm in my 50's and I don't want to have my foreskin removed. I've talked to guys that are glad they did it and others that are miserable. I'm sure all the other guys that have this happen to them have the mixture of emotions as I do from being mad and hurting to sore and wanting to cry. It seems to take forever to heal. When I am "split" I have to use a vibrator to jack off because it hurts to slide the skin back like usual. If there are any other suggestions please send them to me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use