Hey I am Kelly I am 15 and in 9th grade, over the weekend I found out that one of my friends has been texting aka sexting a older man that she met online. Then on Monday during lunch I brought it up to her and told her that she should stop speaking with this man, she said she was just joking around with him nothing more. Then in a jokingly way me and my friend "slapped" her to tell her she should stop. It wasn't even a slap more like a pat or tap. But me and my friend still apologized for it and everything seemed fine. But then the next day I come to school and immediately I am called down to the office. I am sat down with a counselor and told that one of my friends informed the school police officer and the counselor that me and my friend slapped someone. I really didn't know what to think or say so the counselor asked me some questions and I was out of there in ten minutes. I later found out that my friend that I slapped told another one of my friends to go down to the office for her and tell the counselor what happened during lunch. Later that day my friend that I "slapped" talked with me. She told me she told her parents about it and because it left a red mark she considered it to be assault! Even tho I am her friend and she knew that I have never or would hurt anyone physically. And it was left at that. As of yet I haven't gotten in trouble or anything but I am still pretty confused and upset about the whole situation. I am not sure what her intentions were of having me called down to the office, maybe to get me in trouble? I am really not sure. I just wish she would have came up to me and told me that she was upset that I "slapped" her and we could have worked things out among ourselves. And I really wished she would have gone to the counselor her self rather than have someone else do it for her. Also I think it was a tad bit of an over reaction on her part, telling the counselor and such.

I don't know, maybe I am the one thats over reacting right now and she did the right thing. I would love to hear what other peoples opinions are on the situation. Thanks for listening :-)

Well a few things come to mind, first thing would be parental over protection another words they actually thought there was some real fighting going on. Another idea would be she didnt quite explain the situation properly and could have stretched the truth. Only real way to get some true answers would be confront her about the situation. But confronting her about the older man with the "sexting" was a good move on your part. Younger people these days dont realize how illegal it is. Best of luck to you, hope you get some answers your looking for.

Jcgr makes a lot of good points. This seems to be a she said, she said situation. I think it would be in yours and her best interest to have a sit down with you and her and straighten it out. During this time, I would take the opportunity to talk with her about this sexting with this older man. You don't say how much older he is in your post but if your in high school than this sexting is on the edge of illegal. If he is 17 than it doesn't really apply (state laws vary). If she doesn't take you seriously, you may want to go to the counselor and voice your concerns toward her safety and well being. The counselor will proceed from there and will (should) know what to do. This older man may have different intentions than she foresees.

Holmestrix

So it has been over a week now since the whole situation happened, I was not called down to the office again and I did not get in trouble. I also told my mom about the whole situation and she seemed really cool about it. She also brought up the fact that because I did pretty much call her out on the whole sexting thing she maybe got defensive and didn't want me telling her what to do even though she knows that I am right (the fact that she shouldn't be talking with this older guy.) And that her telling on me was her way at getting back at me? I'm not really sure. I also talked with everyone that was there and saw the whole "slapping" go down and they all seemed to say that they felt like she was overreacting and that they knew that the "slap" was a joke and it wasn't even a slap. I also talked with the girl that I "slapped" and she said that she still wanted to be friends with me and talk with me but she also said that she wanted me to know that what I did wasn't right and that she was hoping I would get a criminal record! She also had some classes with me and she switched her classes. I am not sure if she did it because she had no one to talk to or if she was a afraid that I would do something to her? Who knows. All I know is the day I "slapped" her was pretty much the first day I have showed any sort of a sign of violence and I am not a violent person, and my intentions of hitting her were not to hurt her but to joke around punish her, like you tap a dog on the nose lol. Currently I only talk with her if I have to. I am not really hurt about the whole situation because it made me see my real friends and my fake friends. To  answer your question about the guy she is sexting, she is 15 years old and she met this guy on chatroulette and he is in college around 20 years old or so, and she also told him that she was in her 20's and in college. I know it is not that huge of a age difference but it is still illegal and no teenager should be sexting anyone for that matter because you never know who can get a hold of those pictures and texts.

Thanks for the replies :)  

ok, so im 15 as well, i think you need to tell the parents of that girl why you "slapped" her. they will understand. shes so gross for sexting a 20 year old. my god isnt sexting illeagall?! she might be mad at you but believe me she is not kidding around with this guy. she needs help or something.