I am experiencing severe pain in my left shoulder and stiffening. The pain is also going down my arm into my wrist. I've done absolutely nothing to damage my shoulder. No heavy lifting, no exersize apart from walking, no awkward body positions etc.
It's unbareable and I have had literally no sleep for 2 nights. Pain killers aren't working...i've tried putting heat-pads and ice-packs on it. Still, no relief. I told my mother this morning and she said it sounds like what she has seen in many people [she is a personal trainer] called "Frozen Shoulder Syndrome".

The thing is, I did some research and it says most common in females age 40-65. I am female but only 16yrs old. I can find no information about this syndrome in teens and have tried just about every search engine there is.
I am going to the doctors on thursday [tomorrow] to see if they can figure out what is wrong with me.
Was just wondering if anyone knows if it can occur in teens? I don't want to sound like a hypercondriac when I go to the doctors tomorrow!

Thanks.

Hey,

I am experiencing the same thing and I also thought it was frozen shoulder but then again, I am also 17 years old. Could you please let me know what your doctor told you? I'm planning on going to the doctor today but I just want to have a heads up of what it could possibly be.

Thanks.

I was looking for information as well when it comes to frozen shoulders. I am 16 years old, and my mom thinks I am just making a big deal out of nothing. I am active and I lift weights, and play volleyball. I cant find any info for young kids. and now I don't know what to do to get rid of the pain and all.

The same thing is happening to me. I'm a 16 yr old female. And it's got a great amount of pain. I tried putting on some muscle relaxation cream and its not helping. My parents thinks its from the way i slept but i don't think so.

Hi im a 14 year old girl and i have the same thing. Could it be genetic as my mum has it. I never have hurt my shoulder so i dont know why it is like this. Any tips other than tablets to re leave the pain as i cant take tablets.
thanks

Could be due to the following reasons:
1.Irregular periods.
2.Abnormal Thtroid level
3.Abnormal blood-glucose
Conclusion:Due to harmone disorder.

Could be due to Harmone imbalance viz;
Irreggular periods
Thyroid problem
AbnGEormal blood sugar level.

I am having the same problem. I can't lift my hand over my shoulder without pain and I can't seem to lift anything remotely heavy either. I'm 15.

I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder in both shoulders at 19, confirmed by 5 medical professionals, you certainly can have it at a young age! Although extremely rare