Hi, last month I had sex with my boyfriend the day after my period ended. We did not use protection however he did pull out. I normally get my period every 28-32 days but it's now a week late. I have taken two pregnancy tests and both came back negative. I'm also 100% postive I took them correctly. I haven't had any other symptoms of pregnancy other than a late period. The few days following sex with my boyfriend I had some severe pain while urinating and felt the need to urinate all the time but was not able to go. This lasted for about a week and then stopped. I'm wondering if this could be a reason for my period being late?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Health Advisor
I am almost certain that you are not pregnant. Firstly, two tests have shown it. Secondly, if your menstrual cycle is usually 28-32 days long, there is no way you ovulated the day after your period and thirdly, your boyfriend did not ejaculate inside you.

However, you could have caught a bacterial infection. Most often, we get bacteria from anal areas. They are easily passed if you wipe from bottom to the top or if you have anal sex and then vaginal. I mean, bacterial infection is the only thing that reminds me of urination complications.

You could see a gynecologist because of the possible infection and mention all the symptoms but like I said, it is highly unlikely you are pregnant.

To begin with the man does not need to ejaculate inside a woman so that you can get pregnant. There has been statements were they have showed that even if the man pulls out they still let out semen called pre-cum. So any woman can get pregnant if they don't use any kinda of protection.

Community Administrator
Well, other reports say there is NO sperm in pre-cum!

Pre-cum can and does contain sperm...This is a fact. However the volume of sperm in pre-ejacualte is far lower 9bewtween neglible amounts to moderat amounts) than that found in ejaculate itself. To be considered fertile, a male sperm count should be 200 million!!! a huge number! Of this number, only 100 sperm actually are able to continue devlopment in the vagina (capacitance) and make it to the egg, and then only one will fertilize it.

So basically, to dispell the myths:
1) It is possible to get pregnant with just pre-cum, this is why the withdrawal method is relatively ineffective compared to barrier methods

However,

2) It is not as likely to get pregnant with just pre-cum...

As far as a period being late...this can be caused by many factors...

Okay, well I have a little fact for you now... Those that say pre-cum does not contain sperm... Uh, then how the heck am I pregnant?!

Because guess what, pre=cum, was the closest to ejactulation that was done inside of me when I got pregnant. My boyfriend was down for one day, and we had un protected sex, once. He pulled out without ejaculating.

I know for a fact that is how I got pregnant, because I hadn't seen him in over 2 months (and haven't seen him since he was here :-( ) and wasn't having sex with anyone else. So unless there is a sperm fairy that exists, sperm is found inside of pre-cum. Girls, don't let people fill your head with lies.

PEOPLE BELIEVE ME THERE IS SPERM IN PRECUM JEEZZ I ONLY HAVE A KID TO PROVE IT.... ACCIDENT FREE THE ONLY WAY I COULD HAVE GOTTEN PREGNANT IS THIS WAY AND DONT TELL ME I DIDNT NOTICE IF HE HAD AN ACCIDENT BECAUSE YES YOU CAN TELL IF THERES BEEN AN ACCIDENT THE ONLY WAY SURE USE PROTECTION!!!!!!

hi i had sex with my boyfriend on feb. 28. we used protection but he took off his condom after he bustd. then he went downstairs to get a glass of water with his clothes on, buh right when he came bak we started doing it again but only this time with out a condom. Buht it was only for like 6 minutes. Do yu think there could still be cum on his penis after takein of his condom n puting on cothes, but 5 minutes later kept on going with a condom? i havent gotten my period this month on march and i usually get it between the 1st thru the 10th. and i havent got it yet. Do yu think there could be a chance of me bein pregnant? Please help me! Thnk you.

I just got pregnant and no, my boyfriend did not ejaculate inside and has for the last 6 years. Sperm lives for up to 48 hours and can still travel up into the vaginal area. It is sperm that gets you pregnant and you can get pregnant even if the sperm is not 'injected' inside.

I really dout your pregnant as for the itch and burn when you go to the toilet i no EXACTLY how you feel its a really pain in the ass!!! If i have sex without a condom i will almost certainly have a urine infection and sometimes it can be unbearably uncomfortable! Go to the doctors they'll ask you for a urine sample and give you anti biotics

Here's a HUGE tip for the future after having sex go to the toilet and have a wee it helps me 100% every time and i wont get a urine infection.

i am experiencing the same sort of thing, i am a mother of 3 and my husband and i are desperately trying to add one more to are crazy household! i am only 1 day late but have been experiencing normal pregnancy symptoms, breast tenderness, nausea, fatigue??? i don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me because i want this so bad but you would think i would know these symptoms by now since i have already had 3 children? i have took two tests one about 4 days ago and 1 yesterday, both were negative? i took that test that says it can detect pregnancy up to 5 days before missed period? could i still be pregnant???