Res ipsa loquatio

Toilet train your cat

An Australian housewife has invented a three step programme for training cats to use the toilet.

Jo Lapidge devised her Litter-Kwitter system after being inspired by Mr. Jinks, the toilet trained cat from Meet the Parents.

She said: "It was such a funny scene. But then I thought what a great idea! What if I really could train my cat? How would I do it?

"The system takes a three stage approach to make it easy for cats of any age - and their owners - to make the transition from litter tray to toilet."

The training process takes about two months. First a red 'disc' filled with litter is fitted over the toilet bowl.

As the cat's balance improves an amber disc with a small hole is used, eventually the cat can balance on a green disc with a clear drop into the toilet bowl.

"The discs allow your cat to progress at his own pace to build his confidence and ability," explained Mrs Lapidfe.

I can't imagine devoting that much thought to a cat. I guess I'm just an incurable dog person. Where's MED's picture again.....

:D

Gross. No way.
besides, how do you teach them to flush?

Opposable thumbs, Focker!

Hey!!! I like the idea. We have 4 cats with a litter box in the downstairs kitchen, one in the bedroom upstairs and one in the bathroom upstairs. When I leave the downstairs living room heading for the bathroom upstairs sometimes the smell is horrific at the bottom of the stairs and all the way up to the bathroom. By the time I'm in the bathroom I'm "nose blind" so it's not too bad but it would be nice if we could train them to do it in the toilet so all I have to do is flush it when I arrive up there. No more stinky boxes? HEAVEN!!!

Why just cat owners? This presents a solution to a nasty problem.

Tell me how dressing dogs up in little outfits serves the population?

Opposable thumbs, Focker!
8O If my cat had those it would be all over for my apt. I'm just saying. PS My cat did flush the toilet once, but it was accidental, and not after he had used it. Scared the c**p out of him too.

My wife just found the water running in the bathroom sink last night. Neither one of us turned it on so that leaves only the cats. It's a single control lift style handle. Our big black cat roots around with his nose like pig so he's the prime candidate.

Damn cat. Don't he know he's supposed to c**p first, then flush? Flushing first just defeats the whole purpose of it....

My cats much prefer the neighbor's flower beds.....
Kidding! Don't let the anti-cat brigade get their panties in a twist!