It has been brought to my attention that my x-girlfriend is pregnant. Here's the kicker. I confronted her yesterday about it and she claims that she is 2 and half weeks pregnant, which is unheard of. Would she even be able to know at 2.5 weeks? Anyway she says she has stomach pains and claims the baby is about one in inch in length. Now that sounds to me more like 8 weeks pregnant which would make me the father. But she claims the father is her new boyfriend who she's been with for about three weeks. I need to know what anyone thinks about this because I think she's full of it and I'm the father. Thank you.

I think that the best thing is tto wait till the ultrasound results and even they might not be 100% accurate it might help you figure it out a lil better also when baby is born a dna test!!!!

Yes, the issue is I'm pressed for time. Im in the military and changing posts soon and she'll still be here. Is there a way to find out sooner who the father is?

Ask her if she's 2 weeks gestational or 2 weeks from date of last missed period. Because by the time you miss your period, you're technically considered 4 weeks along even though you're only 2 weeks from conception. Dr's count the two weeks before conception as part of the pregnancy as well. So chances are that you could be right. And yes, an inch in length is closer to 7 to 8 weeks along. There has to be some way to still hold her accountable to a test despite where you will be over the course of the next few months.

1 Inch long is actually closer to 2-3months not 4-6 weeks.

Once you miss your period you are technically 4 weeks, not 2 weeks pregnant.

They count pregnancy from YOUR LAST PERIOD, NOt from when you had sex.

She can't for sure know yet no. She can feel that she is and have that intuition of being pregnant. Unless she is just playing head games to try to get you to think it could be yours or his if she even in fact is. the only thing you can do it wait, see how far along the doctor said she is, and go from there
best of luck

i took a pregnancy test 2 weeks after i last had sex and it was positive so yes u can know i now have a 10 month old son

and also if u couldnt tell after 2 weeks of having sex y do people who have ivf once they have had the egg put back they tell them to wait 2 weeks then take a test to find out the results

Because during IVF they know the dates of "conception" as the egg and the sperm are put together outside the woman's body. Therefore it would be known whether or not the embryo's have implanted within 2 weeks (which would take the woman to the approximate time their period "should" be due in theory).

For the average woman the pregnancy is dated to their last normal menses, so by the time she has missed a period, then she is already 4 weeks pregnant by medical standards.

Ok from some of the replies I've read above, my answer is YES she can know she is pregnant this early. I found out at 3 weeks with my now 5 month old, and I just took a test Monday and it was positive. Wednesday my blood test hcg levels stated I was 1-2 weeks. According my my lmp I would be 6 weeks. There is no way I am six weeks though because my levels would be higher and I would have had a positive test when I took it 3 days before I was suppose to start. My test wasn't positive until 8 days after my lmp.

I just found out that I am 2-3 weeks pregnant. Yes, it is absolutely possible. My last menstral period showed that I would be 7 weeks, but my hcg levels are egual to 2-3 weeks. There is no way possible for her to be 2.5 weeks pregnant and the baby to be 1 inch already. That would not be possible until about 8-10 weeks. I agree with others that you should stay up to date with her about this issue and just get a DNA test after the baby is born.

ard i have a problem dis gurl say i got her pregnant but i never ejaculated in her it was on her kno she saying she is two weeks preganant by me thats crazzy cause can she kno she is pregnant already

thanks xxx iv been searching for ages tryin to find the anser to my question

yes i think its possible that she is 2 weeks pregnant,i had sex with my bf that is a doctor and i think im pregnant and he said to take the test at 2 weeks.but im just waiting on my next period to make sure  

Ummm....a lot of people don't know what they're talking about......

There is NO way to be 2 weeks pregnant and have had a positive test. Doctors calculate how far you are by the FIRST day of your LAST period. NOT by when you had sex, or when your baby was actually conceived. If you're saying you're 2 weeks along, you're probably more around 4 weeks pregnant.

Read up from a RELIABLE source or ask your doctor about specifics before you post idiotic answers that you assume are correct because you "heard it" somewhere.