I will be having hammertoe surgery. I would like to know how long will take before the pin removal?

In most cases, pin fixation is necessary for 4-6 weeks after surgery. So, pin will be removed in about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.
Ok, during first few days, you will be forbidden to stand on the operated foot. But, soon after, short and easy walks shall be recommended. Besides that, you must be aware, that probably (I didn’t catch if you are a woman) you will not be able to wear high heel shoes again, but only loosen and wide shoes. If not, you will probably had to go over the procedure again.

Hi I am due to have the pin removed after having surgery for a buckled or hammertoe. What does this involve? Does the area have to be numbed again before removal?

The pin removal is not bad. Mine was removed without any numbing at all and it only hurt a little bit as the pin passed the joint of my toe as it was being pulled out. That was too days ago and now I am just a little sore.

I had my pins removed from two toes and it didn't hurt at all. My doctor was careful to wait until i was fully really to have them removed. 3 weeks. then he pulled them out with no problem....it really didn't hurt at all. HOWEVER...5 min. later i was really sore and the toes were throbbing like a slammed them in a door. I think it may be dif for each person...a few pills and a nap took care of the throbbing though.

aj

I had hammertoe surgery 16 days ago. My doctor had planned to remove the pin 6 days later, but I called to check on the fact that the pin had been bumped and rotated a bit. I went in for him to check it and he removed it then, 4 days after surgery. Do my surprise it hardly hurt at all to have it removed, and all has been going well since then.