I have a problem since I start shaving myself at the bikini area. I mean .. I must do that, I cannot wear bikinis if I do not. But there is a problem: red bumps and irritated skin. How can I reduce this to a minimum? Besides that my hair tends to grow under skin, which makes it even comfortable… What can I do?

Hey there,
Most of us have this problem, especially those with really sensitive skin. I was also shaving myself and had this red bumps and hair growing under skin. Then I talked to a friend and she told me she is using wax. I was firstly surprised waxing the bikini area/ huh… that must hurt, but then I decided to try it, since I had overhead all thee red bumps – they were driving me nuts! It is painful, but at least it least for a few seconds… and the effect of waxing last much longer (in my case 1- 2 weeks). All these red bumps were reduces to a minimum (almost none) and also ingrowing hair- no more- thanks god!!

I have asked her to do this numerous times and she just won't. I mean she does trim, but I want her to shave. She is the 2nd girl I have slept with that doesn't fully shave and it drives me nuts!! Is there anything I can do to convince her to do this?

My wife of 25 yrs just started to shave her pubic area for me, its a wild turn on I will admit. She now likes having her pubs gone and well now has discovered that the shaving causes the bumps and irritation. She just tried Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shaving Gel, which says it fights bumps and irritation for smooth skin. Well I can tell you after examinating the area it didn't work for her.

She still feels irritated and itching there, she even commented that she might have me shave her carefully. But, she is also interested in waxing and I think after reading the many post from our educated ladies on here, this is what we will try... I mean what have we got to loose... HAIR that is unsightly.

Personally I think a nice smooth bikini area is very attractive and erotic.

I have also used Bikini Zone, not the Shaving gel, but the medicated gel specifically for after shaving or waxing. You have to apply for a couple of days but it really does work to stop ingrowns, pain, and itching. I get waxed every 4 weeks, and I use the Bikini Zone after showering. But and this is important, if you exfoliate in the shower, you will have less itching, pain, and ingrown hairs. The best stuff I have found is Bath and Body Works "I'm in the Mood for Scrub." It's pricey ($20) but it's a big bottle and you only need a little bit. It leaves your skin feeling so soft—your husband will love it!!

When it's fresh, apply deoderant after showering (First 2 days should do it). Clean up promptly after sex, even just oral.