In a word hormones. I had this issue with my daughter at 3 months old along with a small amount of vaginal bleeding. It's a trasnfer of hormones from mother to baby and SHOULD go away...something to check out with the doc and keep an eye on nothing that should keep you up at night just stay on top of it at every visit and maybe keep notes yourself size, changes et...

My daughter is 7 months old and has the same thing. I noticed how most parents said it is on the right nipple. My daughter's is actually on the left nipple. (i did see one post that it was on left nipple) However, I am not breast feeding, I am bottle feeding. I am more concerned because my daughter spent her first week of her life in the CICU due to a coarctation of the aorta so I think that is why I am More concerned. It is the same color as all of the parents has mentioned. Any input on this would help alot!!

I took my daughter to the dr today to find out if it was due to her heart condition and the Dr told me it was a breast bud which is simply just extra tissue under the skin. He didnt seem real concerned about it but I am still going to keep an eye on it. Hope this helps everyone who did not get an anwser yet. If you did, share what you were told and see if we were told the same thing. Hopefully this does not mean sign of early puberty for her either. I also read that.

my daughter is 5 months old and has a hard lump under her left nipple which we first noticed at about 2 months of age. It has got larger since that time and now her left nipple looks slightly inverted - different in appearance to the right. I am sooo worried. Booking her an appointment tomorrow but can anyone put my mind at rest :0(

DID YOU EVER FIND OUT WHAT THE LUMP WAS? I JUST NOTICED A HARD LUMP BEHIND MY 6 MONTH OLD DAUGHTERS NIPPLE AND I HAVE AN APT. IN 2 DAYS BUT STILL HAVE TO WORRY UNTIL THEN.

My 2nd daughter is 6 mos & this occured -- ANSWER -----> it is normal. Do not touch, agitate, or massage the nipples. When bathing, keep area clear of soap. This will go down in a few weeks. If swelling or redness occurs go to the doctor asap!

It seems the white nipple on my two year old's chest is perhaps quite common in infants then, and hopefully nothing to worry about.  I noticed it whilst bathing her.  It's as if her left nipple is actually a white head, like a white spot, and is quite different to her right nipple which is flat and normal looking.  I had been expecting it to disappear over time, or even pop like white heads tend to and then heal over.  But as a parent I tend to worry and wonder if everything is ok.  I could book an appointment wiht our GP but I wouldn't expect much help from them, most times they seem to simply google their advice anyway! 

My doc said the same: NOT TO WORRY!!! as it's normal for both boys and girls. I am still worried, but it looks as a common "problem" in the UK and in my country. I consulted other doctor and she also said it is ok, but to keep an eye, as the nipple shouldn't be bruised or anything like that. The UK doc said it may be gone within days, weeks or months... I'm keeping an eye on it.. I'm going to see the doc in 3 weeks so if it doesn't disappear I'll take my baby with me ...

I guess I'm a panicking mother :/ the doc told me it's normal and I'm still worried....

I just noticed a hard lump under my 6 months old daughter's right nipple as well. She has an appointment in a couple of days but I'm really worried. I just have a bad feeling about this. I hope she's ok and healthy.

My twin girls also have it under both nipples and their are breastfeed .... Their 4 month old check up is coming up. I will ask their doctor.

I just found this thread - my daughter is 8 years old and has had the cyst since birth. We were told to leave it alone by the pediatrician, however the dermatologist lanced it at 4 years old. The stuff shot out across the room, however the cyst came back. It is growing hard and the pediatrician is now growing concerned along with the cyst. We are going for a breast ultrasound on Tuesday. I will post an update once I know more.

I am wondering if I should take my daughter to the GP- She has a lump under the right nipple and it is inverted. I will wait to see how you go first suz2024

What did your doc say? My 5 wk old son has the same thing

My 3 week old daughter has a lrge hard mass under her right nipple and a smaller one underneath her left. I am also worried i will be visiting my pediatrician asap. I will follow up with her findings. In the meantime i will keep an eye on it and try not to go crazy.