Hi everyone, I'm just letting you know that I found a lump under my sons right nipple; it started at 8 months as a tiny little lump which i thought it was an insect bite. a couple of weeks later (8.5 months), it became what felt like a small pea. Completley freaked out I called the Dr, and he sent us for an ultrasound just to be safe because it was inverting the nipple. He said it is very common in children but he just wanted to check.

The results came back that it was nothing! I will let you know what the specialist had written on our results form but please do not take this as gospel for your own children; its always best to get it checked out.  Hypoechoic-heterogeneous tissues were demonstrated in the sub areolar region on the right breast measuring approximately .8cm across.  There was no acoustic shadowing [NON CANCEROUS LUMP]. Scanning over the same area of the left breast showed no similar finding.  Conclusion: Subareolar hypoechoic-heterogeneous tissues have been shown.  THis is of uncertain siginificance but may reflect glandular tissues.  Progress ultrasound is suggested for further assessment.

We have another Dr's appointment in a month to get another ultrasound done however I was told that if there are any changes, i.e it gets increasingly big, red affected area with the baby having a temperature, puss, blood or bruise like appearance it must get checked out.  

I hope this helps ladies, again if I were you I would get bub checked out to be safe 

Hello, there! I have noticed a pea-size, soft and moving mass just under the left nipple of my 10-month old daughter just last night so I have set an appointment with my Pedia...it would be this coming Sat. My baby seems healthy but I'm still worried. May I ask how is it with your little girl?? I'll appreciate any feedback for this matter. Thank you very much - worriedmom

My daughter has had the same since birth. What was the result of the ultrasound?

Do you know more about it?

Do you have any news about your daughter cyst? My daughter has had the same since birth and I'm worried because it's getting bigger.

This is most always due to being in the womb and getting hormones from u it can last up to a year and sometimes longer! Also breastfeeding can make them stay longer, most Likely nothing to worry about

She is 7 years old now.

Hi, my daughter was born nine days ago and has the same symtoms. I would like to know what this is as well. I mean, If everyone's daughter has this same thing then you would think it's normal no? Anyways, I'm searching further into the matter and contacting my Pedi Doc to make sure this isn't anything serious. You should do the same even from what you read online. Better safe than sorry especially when it comes to our kids. 

My son just turned 6 Months on the 6th and today the 16th, I noticed the bump behind his right nipple. Never felt it before not even earlier today. He has an appointment tomorrow morning, but right now it seems like a life time away.. all I can do is worry. I hope he is ok, and well.. only time will tell, until then I am a stressed out momma.

I have noticed the same thing on my 16 months old daughter , I am really concerned... Does anyone know what it is 

I noticed the same thing on my 5 month old daughter's chest and started googling immediately. What did we ever do before the Internet? LOL. Anyway one of the other sites had a reply from a pediatrician who said it sounded like "breast buds". She said they were not harmful and would eventually go away, but if you were concerned, check with your pediatric doctor.

My 18 months has one too and it seem to get a lilttle bigger i told her ped.about it n she send me to a specialist were the did a blood test and they told me it was her thyroid and that some specific hormone ( cant remember it was a weird name) was a little high but not enought to were she needed medication yet so ill we have to do is just monitor it every 3 months to make sure it doesnt get higher

hi i had a daughter which is two weeks now and unfortunately we noticed that she has this hard round thing on her left nipple. we havent gone to her doctor yet but i would like to know if base on your guys experience what is this?

Usually a cyst related to maternal hormones so generally fades with time. can be prolonged in breastfed infants (months, even years)
they are generally harmless

I just noticed a lump under the left nipple of my 7 month old.. I am going to take her to the doctor tomorrow. It is a hard lump and doesn't move, so I am nervous since what I have read says if you can move the lump then it's nothing to worry about... so if you can't move it I should?? I hope everyone on here got the answers they needed and that all your precious little ones are happy and healthy