before i begin explaining this.... if youre just going to say something about how i should be proud and accept it, then go away. that may work for some people, but it doesnt work for me. the thought of having sex with a man is disgusting to me, but i like the look and the idea of a mans body.
i just want to stop it now if i can, so that it doesn't develop.
i've worked out a few techniques, but basically i'm just looking for any more ideas if anyone has any.
also, anything about how all you can do is supress your homosexuality... please, don't post here if youre going to talk about that. all i want is advice about what i want, don't waste your time.

if youre looking for tips yourself... heres a few i've come up with, if youre just answering the question you can skip the points below. i get to stages using these techniques where i literally cannot care about guys, and girls to me are just so hot, and this will last days and weeks, but sometime's i slip:

- imagine two halves of your belly area, one side is one colour, the other side is another. for me left is red, right is blue. one side is straight, one side is gay. when the blue (gay) side starts to take over the other side, i take a moment, to fill my belly with the red side so that my whole belly is red. then i fill the red with images of naked women, and thoughts about women. that generally works for me. eventually i got to the stage where i could just 'check in' with it to see where my sex drive was, and if it was looking too blue i'd switch it
 - don't, repeat, DONT, look at any gay porn, or porn that is largely about the man. if you can't help yourself, after you come, look at something with ONLY GIRLS in it, lesbian, or solo. i feel that the more times you come over men, or the more times you come over women, that will make that side stronger. if youre watching porn with guys and girls, think about which one is turning you on. think really hard about whether its the guy or the girl, if its the guy, change your focus or watch something with girls only.
 - get two pieces of paper. write on the top of one 'men' and the other 'women'. on the one titled men, write all the ways you could interpret the male body as being disgusting and undesirable. sweaty, hairy, references to tastes and smells... i'm sure you get the idea. if you draw any part of a man, make it not what you like in that part of the body. e.g. make him not so endowed. then on the 'women' paper, draw sexy pictures of the female body, curvy, busty girls, all the parts you love on a female body. lots of hot, sexy words and how much you want it. flush the 'men' paper down the toilet. with the 'women' one.... i actually ate it lol i couldnt think of a better idea but so long as you get the idea that thats what youre taking into your body, then its fine.
 - when you think of the male body, think of something you find utterly repulsive. whatever it is that you really cannot help but be sooo turned off by, think of it straight away. try to make it so that thinking of men makes this happen automatically. having said that, you do want to get to the stage where you're not 'turned on' or 'turned off' by men, just indifferent. it would be awkward walking around the change rooms in the gym and going green in the face. but, at first, you should be trying to make yourself disgusted by it, then it should balance out.

thats just a few tips, but in this thread, if you have any more ideas, post them! this topic is not talked about enough and people who can't stand the thought of being gay but have gay thoughts end up depressed and can kill themselves because there is no way to get rid of what they don't want in their lives. a ridiculously high percentage of suicides are from homosexuals.
if youre gay and proud of it, thats great. it takes real courage to be openly proud about that. however, this thread isn't about you, its about the other percentage of people who have homosexual thoughts but don't feel like thats something they want in their life, like me:)

What an interesting approach.  Is it working to surpress the fact that you find the male form appealling?

I was going to say, just accept the fact that right now, you're turned on by the male form...or by male porn.  It doesn't mean that you're gay...only that you're turned on by the image of males having sex.

But if you want to interpret it differently, that's your choice.

Good luck.

First off dude, if you are going to post a long topic, it would help to post your age so that people can get an idea of what you may be going through by looking back at their life at that age. It would also help if you post if you are male or female. I assume by what you have posted you are male. Just keep that in mind.

Kevin B has has in interesting response although from reading previous posts, I have come to expect more.

Secondly. You seem to be (in my perspective) shining a very negative light on gay people. Your also not open to any other responses unless its exactly what YOU want to hear.

You have some interesting ways of dealing with your thoughts but I am not going to comment on them. I am also not going to comment on your homosexual thoughts because you probably wont read them.

I will say this though, your efforts to push out the thoughts of other men are understandable. I was at an age in my life that all I watched was solo girl or girl on girl for the reason of I didn't want to see another man's ass. Since then, I have matured more and don't mind. I think one day, you will do the same thing depending on your age, assuming you are a teenager.

At this stage in my post, I really don't know what else to say or any advice I can give you.

sorry, i'm male and i'm 16.
and i have no problem with gay people, i have a problem with me being gay.
the reason i dont want people to tell me to accept it or that its impossible, is because i'm that is not the question. thats not what i'm looking for. i'm looking for like minded people who wont fill this thread with everything thats on every other thread about this because its such a tabooed topic.
people think heterosexual restoration therapy, they think idiotic christian parents, gay camp, and social pressure. i dont want to be gay, because i could never love a man or have sex with a man. i just want to get rid of these thoughts because theyre just a hinderance to me doing all those things with women.

I wouldn't say necessarily that it is a taboo topic. This forum is very open to people who want to talk about anything.  As far as you thought towards men, I would say it is a phase that you are going through. It may take some time to work through it. I would suggest taking up something to take your mind off of it all the time. You can start jogging or running, or something else athletic.

That the best advice I can give you. If I remember correctly, I went through a similar phase when I was younger. It didn't last for very long though so it should pass for you.

never mind guys i'm not bi anymore xD
its amazing what twenty minutes with youre hand and a good lesbian porn will do.
keep posting ideas though for people who are in that predicament.

really interesting i agree with kevin B im biosexually and i dont see a problem with gay people and sexual imigaes turn you on and have your hormones rising like mad but i dont see anyhting wrong with you?

I'm 17. I used to like both but after I tried it with a guy. it just verified that I like girls better. I think you should experiment with a guy and get it out of your system and then you will see that you're not missing out on anything. It worked for me

Girls are way better than guys.So try to crack one you'll feel the deference.People are born to have sex with different genders not the same but it happens when guys become a mamas boy and having other issues.So Best thing is find a girl friend :)

Im a guy and have dreams about both guys and girls. Am I gay. I don't want to be.

Hi wrongcake

It is good to see that you want discussion over homosexuality. I'm a Christian and I completely agree that even in among Christians this topic is something that completely ignored when it is obviously part of our world.

I would suggest you have a look at the post called

homosexual but want to become straight,get married and have children

It contain a lengthy discussion and very similar to yours. Myself and some others have tried to put in perspective the true Christian response to the topic.

I hope you find it useful and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Dude why don't you just have a threesome and see what gets you hotter than the other

ThNks for this lovely post !!! Were u able to supress yr gay feelings . Any more tips ??

Boy shut the hell up. Homosexuals are the reason why hiv rates are so high

I've had sex with both guys and girls, I am more attracted to girls but I feel the sex is more fun with guys, it's just sex guys it's meant to be fun and like what you like I make every guy put a condom on so I'm ensuring it's safe and fun