Hi there

My boyfriend has never really been diagnosed with bipolar disorder yet for the last month I really started to wonder. His dad died when he was 10 and it was a really traumatic experience for him one of which he never ever after that spoke about 

We dated a Year and 8 months. it was wonderful! We were in love, wanted to get married it was magical and people around us was so in love with us as well cause they really loved our relationship we had with each other...  when we started dating he was loving and kind, and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, giving gifts, going on road trips it was exciting and fun and never a dull moment, he was always crazy and completely crazy about me... then one Saturday evening we had a fight about him that can drink and he can completely change as if you don't exist so you will be in a club with him but he completely forgets about you and he completely flipped to such extend he walked off and we could not find him we tried to phone him and he did not answer 4 hours later we found him in a restaurant he was completely devastated and angry and ranting and went off and then he got so angry he threw a plate against the wall.... then we took him home and he calmed down and started crying I held him and asked him what is wrong and what is it that is hurting him so badly and he said he does not know... the crying continued and then he said he does not know what he wants any more  The Sunday morning he woke up to go to work and I went home. he send me an sms to say that we should break up so I asked him if he is sure and he said yes he think it is the best thing. The Monday morning he walked into my house, kissed me and went to lie on the couch with tears in his eyes not saying anything about the break up or what happened just starring out into no where. I was cleaning the house so I just left him be. then he went to my room and had a sleep he was cold, and looked tired and emotionally drained and depressed. After he slept he went home, then half and hour later he sms me to asked me if i am home and i said yes you just basically left... so i am home and he said that he is coming over to come and clean my fish tank for me.. so i said ok... he walked in and now he was a bubbly and  happy person like nothing happened and everything is fine he is high in energy completely different to what he was the morning. So he left after cleaning the fish tank and went home. the next day i walked into my house and i got a little note from him saying. Love you always. So i sms him and he came over and we went to his sisters birthday party so i confronted him and asked him what is going on now i thought you broke up with me this is confusing for me and then he said aaaa i don't know... how do you know for sure you making the right decisions... how can you be sure... how do you know that there is not someone better out there than me.. so i told him either break up with me or make up with me i am not going to be stringed along. So then we were back together and things were fine again for about 3 - 4 months until the next episode happened we were sitting having lunch i was a bit upset regarding my gran that passed away so i was a bit irritable but not to a bad extend our conversation did not go well around the table and he just flipped saying we are not meant to be together, how will this ever work we are too different we cant even see eye to eye and he wants to break up and be single he does not feel the same way anymore its over - and i thought WHAT we are the two most compatible people in the world you agreed on that before you started dating me as well everyone knows and sees it as well we have a small difference at lunch and for that you just want to pack up and leave? so i left him and he left the next morning he send me an sms to tell me he feels so empty nothing fills it, that he is so tired of pretending to be this happy person in front of people he just feels his flame is dying inside he does not feel a flame anymore. So after that message i did not hear form him for a week then he sms me to ask if he can come over and i said yes... he did not explain anything about why the break up happened he just said that we should go do something so we went to the beach went to have something to eat and were back together. So things were going well again for about 4 months and he moved in with me into my flat things were great we loved our house or fishes he just wants to get married and have kids, loving and kind, we celebrated our anniversary he tells me that he loves me and he is crazy about me that i am the only one for him, spoils me with gifts and flowers he is just absolutely lovable then it happened again i did not agree with his behaviour that he displayed but i was not nasty either but he got nasty to a point of swearing at me and then telling me to f**k off and then half an hour later telling me that we are over that there is nothing left that he does not want to be in this relationship any more he does not know what he is feeling anymore, he does not feel the same anymore he feels dead. So he stayed with me for two weeks after the break up before he moved out during these two weeks he acted as if we never broken up he still slept in our bed the first week still holding me cuddling me and the next moment he wants nothing to do with me and then moves to the other room, but still wakes up in the mornings to kiss and hug me goodbye, then he comes home in the evenings and its like he despises me... and wants not to be near me whatsoever, then the next day he is lovable again ... so he left the Saturday packed half of his stuff and moved out i asked him if this is what he wants to do and he started crying saying it would have been easier if he did not love me but he does but he just cant see how this can work, he does not know what he feels, he does not feel the same way anymore he thinks it is best. so i let him walk out. 3 days i did not hear from him on day 5 he sms me to ask me if he can have the photos of us on the wall next to our bed i was like wtf do you want to do with our photos? Then he sms me to ask me if he can come over and see to my fishtank so i said yes he can so he comes over kisses me and hugs me like nothing happened and speaks to me telling me stories like nohting has happenend. and then boom suddenly i don't hear form him and he is cold and he does not sms me or phone me or even care how i am doing or whats happening in my life

I have no idea what is oging on here... does anyone think these can be symptoms of bipolar? And can anyone tell me if he really means the things he says? And can someone please tell me if they come back to you after breaking up with you?

Thanks

Lil

leave him alone and never look back he will never do better if he doesnt get help. im.going thru it and im married same exact scenarios. im leaving and never looking back

hes probably likes men too and is afraid to come out nd not dealing well nd depressed ask him if hes bisexual or into men