I am an 18 year old male. I began showing symptoms 3 weeks ago and immediately went to the doctor and tested positive for Chlamydia. I was treated for Chlamydia 12 days ago. I took the 4 pills and got the Gonorrhea shot. I am still experiencing discharge (looks like precum). The burning sensation from urine is gone but the discharge is persistent. Should I give it more time or?? ITS BEEN 12 DAYS!

hey there, typically treatment is curative but sometimes the bacteria don't always behave like they should. since you were treated have you had sex at all? what STD's did they test you for when you went to the doctor?

no, i have not had any sexual intercouse at all. hell im scared to even touch a girl right now. but i have masturbated a few times but i was told thats safe.

also i did a pee test and everything came back negative except chlamydia but they gave me the 4 pill treatment for it the day i was tested

Thats good. the biggest mistake most people make is not waiting the full 7 days before having sex..... do you not have any burning while you pee? you have no pain or swelling in your testicles?
sometimes it can take a little while for the discharge to stop. is this discharge different than when you first noticed it?
and yes masturbation is safe :)

what was the name of the medications they gave you? typically Chlamydia is treated with a 1 time dose of azythromycin .... othertimes Doxycyline can be used but is usually given for 1 week

i never had any pain in my testicles but the burning did in fact go away. my only issue is the discharge. its pretty annoying

i do believe they gave me azythromycin. it was 4 pink pills

how much discharge do you have?
did you take all 4 pills at the same time ? do you still have the pill bottle?

it varies but its not a lot. i took them all at the time

ok as long as that is what the directions say you should be fine... how did they test you for your std's did you pee in a cup or did they stick a swab into your urethra? did they test you for syphylis hiv and gonorrhea or trichamonas when you wen't or only for chlamydia?

not sure, all i know is i peed in a cup and i got a shot for gonorrhea and the pills for chlamydia. im just concerned because its been almost 2 weeks and i still have discharge

So because of how the urine STI testing works you can not accurately retest until at least 3-4 weeks after treatment. Usually the cure rate for chlamydia is very high so most providers won't retest as it is not necesary. however. if you are having symptoms still I think it warrents investigation. occasionally the infection can spread to your prostate and cause persistant symptoms. how long did you have symptoms for initially before getting tested? also does it hurt to ejaculate or have a bowl movement?

i got tested 2 days after discovering discharge. nothing hurts. just slight itchy feeling in urethra and discharge

What I would do it try calling your doctor and telling him/her about your symptoms and see what they say.... you are probably cured but I am always leary when someone still has symptoms. they may want to do a uninalysis or urine culture to see if there is another organism besides gonorrhea/chlamydia that is causing your discharge.