I've been dealing with a horrible inflammation of the throat along with a fever and a general feeling of misery for more than a week now. I am not the type to run to the doctor, but perhaps I should have this time because my illness is showing little sign of getting better. My throat feels really uncomfortable and inflamed. Can you recommend any herbs for this?

Willowbark and meadowsweet are two herbs that are known to offer pain relief. In fact, both of these are often referred to as a natural aspirin. I have got to be honest and admit I have not tried either of these herbs myself, but since so many people say they work, there must be some truth to it. If you do end up trying either of these, could you tell us about the results you had?

HI THERE
BROMELAIN IS AN EXCELLENT OPTION. I TAKE IT MYSELF FOR INFLAMMATION OF MY SINUSES. FOR YOUR THROAT, I GARGLE WITH SEA SALT AND WARM WATER. ( YOU CAN EVEN SWALLOW A SMALL AMOUNT.) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR IS GREAT AS WELL. USE A TEASPOON ( DILUTE IT IF YOU NEED), GARGLE WITH IT THEN SWALLOW. IT SEEMS TO HELP WITH SWELLING OF THE THROUGH, AND ITS A GREAT HOME REMEDY FOR MANY OTHER THINGS. I DO THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AS SOON AS I FEEL A TICKLE. IN A COUPLE OF DAY'S IT SEEM'S TO CLEAR.