I am, male, 53 years, from India. For the last 27 years, I am very much desperated with the unknown cause of the problem of my nose. The problem is very complicated unbelievable and no any doctor could so far understand the cause of this problem. It is that house flies and sometimes mosquitoes attract and very speedly enter into my nose. That time I feel irritated to a great extent and sensation into the passage of my nose. Sometimes, fly enter through my mouth and ear also but very rarerly. But fly goes into the passage of my nose every time. Unless I swallow that fly or mosquitto through my throat, my complete attention is concentrated over the fly to be swallowed within about half an hour. After that I feel that the fly is dead and has gone into my stomach.
In verious hospitals, doctors had diagnosed this problem and adviced that this is only the sensation or my fake feeling and no fly can enter into my nose. However, all of them had prescribed so many medicines to me. Recently, an ENT doctor has diagnosed it and after CT Scan and Endoscopy, he found that there is a cyst in the left maxillury sinus through which some discharge goes into my throat. He said, probably, flies attact due to that discharge. Therefore, few days back, he done Endoscopy surgery and septoplasty operation underwhich he removed the cyst and large polyps into the sinuses. He also removed some portion of the deviated bone of my nose. After such operation, I am still encountering the same problem and flies enter into my nose as usual. There is no relief of it at all and I am very much disappointed that no one could so far understand or diagnose the cause of flies entering into the nose.

Is there someone who can through the light of his findings over these facts and suggest the remedies to overcome of my problem. Kindly, inform me specifically the main cause of such unbelievable disease/problem which is very vary rare in the world.

I am awaiting prompt reply from the honourable members. I shall be highly obliged if some ENT Doctors submit their findings alongwith their detailed reply directly on my e-mail address i.e. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Fungus gnats are laying their eggs inside your nose. Take Q-tip, dip it in hydrogen peroxide and clean inside of your hose every day. I have the same problem and I got rid of it.

Hello, I have the same thing. I think the doctor is right in that there is an attractive agent. But it is not the sinus discharge. I have had sinus infections for years and it did not cause this problem before. No, I think it is a tropical skin fungus of some kind that attracts fungus gnats. Cleaning the inside of your nose with salt or soap daily may help. Be sure to use very clean boiled water if you use a netipot. If this doesn't help, think about moving where there is a really cold winter, so at least part of the year you will not see any insects. Anyway it's not dangerous, just bothersome. Cheers.