I heard that anxiety can cause swollen lymph glands and swollen throat and I am wondering how is that possible? I am suffering from anxiety and my throat is really hurting for about a couple of days now and I think that it might be swollen, I've heard that anxiety can indeed cause swollen throat. A friend of mine also told me that my lymph glands could be swollen as well and that it can be caused by anxiety as well. I find it crazy, like, anxiety can cause so many things that I didn't know of, but how could it possibly cause this?

I don't really think that anxiety can directly cause swollen lymph glands. A lot of people are complaining about their swollen lymph glands and they are connecting this to anxiety thinking that anxiety is the cause of their swollen lymph glands but this is not quite true. Anxiety can cause a lot of different symptoms which could actually make you think that your lymph glands are swollen which they aren't really.

However, on the other side, anxiety causes some very unusual symptoms and can make several changes to the way your body operates so it might be possible for it to cause swollen lymph nodes but again, not directly.

Well I don't know how can anxiety cause swollen lymph glands and swollen throat but it definitely can since that is happening to me right now. I am suffering from anxiety and my throat has been swollen for about a week now (I went to see my doctor about this, I am a kind of person who will go and see a doctor if she sneezes more often than she should). So I can tell you that anxiety can indeed cause swollen lymph glands and swollen throat but I couldn't possibly explain how or why because I don't know anything about that.

I see. Like I've told you, I've only recently learned that anxiety can cause these things and it only happened because I actually started getting these symptoms, if I didn't have a swollen throat in the first place I probably wouldn't even know that anxiety can cause it. I've heard that it can really cause some numerous things and even lead to the development of some other disorders, is that true? This is making me be more afraid of anxiety than I was before. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding fighting anxiety? What can I do that would benefit me the most?

Good day. You really should find the way to stop this. This happens really rare, but it happens. People usually don't believe that this is true, but it is because swollen lymph nodes are one of the most controversial symptoms of anxiety. Those are not usually symptoms and that is why people are confusing them. It does appear that swollen lymph nodes are caused by anxiety, but unfortunately the reason isn't clear, because there isn't a medical connection between lymph nodes and stress. I don't know exactly how it happens but you should know that your doctor can easily find out this.

Health Advisor

Hi there.

I need to admit you that this is the weirdest thing that I have ever heard. Like many of you, I have heard about this, but thanks God I didn't have experience with it. I didn't know that this could happen until my good friend told me that she has problems with it. She told me that this is the most annoying thing and that swollen throat made her crazy. 

Doctor set the diagnose and he recommended a couple of things for her in order to stop this. For example, running and exercising can help, so you should definitely try it. 

I was so sure that this is not connected. I had a lot of problems with my throat, it felt so uncomfortable in it and I had this weird feeling that something really is not OK with me. I don't have any kind of problems seeing my doctor, so I did it. He did some analysis, and there was nothing wrong with my throat. Anyway, the next question he asked me was about anxiety. He made this connection immediately. I was not so sure about his diagnose, and decided to read about that unusual connection. And I really saw that there is a connection. I still don't understand how this manifests, but it is possible.

Celebrity

Guys, before ANYTHING, you should stop asking google about your issues. Remember, it is helpful for some advice, but it is not your doctor and it can't help you.

Self diagnose is not just wrong, but it is really bad. 

Look, this happens because your throat is sensitive and this tension that you do feel is most common when you are stressed. I suppose that this is the best explanation for your question.

I had this and my throat felt like it is closed up (if you know what I mean) and I realized that this is because of my anxiety problems. 

I have swollen glands in my neck lymph nodes and sore throat I get the swollen glands in my neck in lump nodes loads,and constant . I have anxiety and learning disabilities dyspraixa and autism but the swollen glands in my neck in lymph nodes are making me unwell a lot