When I shave my armpits I always get red bumps from ingrown hairs and what not and I use a sharp razor with shaving cream. Is there something else i can do? Am I possibly shaving in such a way that would irritate the skin?

Did you get any response on this? I suffer the same!

maybe you should try a hair removal cream instead of a razor and shaving cream

Maybe try shaving gel for sensitive skin? or use the bikini zone medicated gel which helps to heal and eliminate red bumps, pain and itching.

Or try waxing—by a professional.

Hey guys I've got a problem like this, I've tried hair removal cream (It burned my skin...even after I waited for it to heal so that it wasn't broken) then I used sensitive skin shaving creme...no luck :-( ! I starting using some cashmere body wash when shaving it helped a little (reduced the amount of bumps on my skin.)

I had a problem like this, but I fixed it mostly simply by just shaving in the opposite direction. I think I was accidentally doing it in the wrong direction anyway, so it could be possible that you're doing the same