Hi, a couple of months ago I started training karate. After some difficulties I had had in the beginning, karate was becoming simpler to train. Now, I am planning on starting power lifting since I do not have the mass of the body that I want to. Will power lifting diminish my capabilities as a martial artist?

Hi, I think I know why you are worried. There are some grounds for your suspicions. However, a lot of martial artists need to pay a visit to the gym and power lift. The only way that you, as a martial artist, will "loose" your capabilities is if you are to completely abandon karate training. Also, I think that you will find it a bit difficult to squeeze the two trainings together. Both of them can be exhausting. The best way you can perform this is by seeking help from a professional trainer. You are in luck since you already have one. Karate trainers are bound to know how to help you. Explain to yours what bothers you. I am sure that your trainer can develop a program that will satisfy your needs.