I am reading up on diabetes diets for my older brother, who has type 2 diabetes but is still smoking and lives a less than healthy life. In my humble opinion, there is just so much more my brother could do to improve his health and prevent himself from getting complications with his diabetes. Diabetes specialists say 60 carbs per meal - what does this mean in reality? Can I put some good diabetic meal plans together? I am willing to cook for my brother.

I think that it's great that you love your brother like this. Remember, however, that he would need to realize that he's the one who's sick, not you and would have to take more active care of himself. All you could do is to help him out by doing things such as cooking for him, not living his life. Do check the forums for some recipes and meal planning tips.