Hey there! I’d like to hear how many women on the run are there. Ladies, have your say and tell us something about your running routines, ways of exercising and alike. Is it hard to fit running into your busy daily schedule, since you have jobs, husbands, children and home to look after while men usually don’t have domestic obligations. Let this be the place to discuss your running lifestyle.

Hello! Fortunately the times have changed and women are not regarded as mere housewives, but there is still that notion of domestic chores that are supposed to be done by women. It’s sometimes really hard to squeeze training into my daily schedule, but my husband is very helpful and I don’t have to do everything on my own. I run three to four times a week. It relaxes me and my purpose is not only to maintain my weight but also to have some time to myself and to take care of my body and psyche. I think that running is excellent for that. I don’t try to run as much and as fast as possible. I just go to the nearby park and run for approximately hour or so.

I'm new to running and get up early before work leaving my husband in bed! Got up at 6am this morning back at the house for 7am. I'm walking more than running at the moment but hope to improve!

Right now, I'm only running 3x's a week...sometimes 2. But I do my long runs on Sundays when my son is taking is nap. Short runs are in the evening at 8 (after he goes to bed). The longer days help.

I have been a regular runner for about six years but I only just started really really enjoying it. It has become my special time to just decompress and let my mind go. Between work and being a mom, my life just seems to be really chaotic as of late. I look forward to going for a run after the kids are tucked in and the air gets crisp and cool.

Hi there

I know exactly what you're talking about sister!
I've been using a timed program that you download onto your ipod, its fantastic, i run alone so its like having a personal trainer with me, and the routines avg around forty minutes which i can squeeze out of my day. I must say its made me feel so much better also, happier in myself too.

Kind Regards
C