I am 17 years old girl and I want to start using tampons. I think I am old enough although I am virgin. I have heard that should not bother me, so I want to try this. Before I start using tampons, I would like to get one answer. Can you tell me how often are you supposed to change your tampon?

First, you have to wash your hands always before and after using a tampon. Just think of all the bacteria you get on your hands and all the dirty things you touch. That is why clean hands are therefore important before you begin using tampons. You should never leave a tampon in for more than 8 hours, which is average. In fact, on a heavy day you will probably need to change every 2 – 3 hours. The number is about every 3 – 6 hours on lighter days of your period. The amount of normal bleeding varies a lot from girl to girl and from month to month, especially during the first year or two after you get your period. Even though it may seem that you are bleeding very heavily, total each month is only about a quarter of a cup. It is important to use always the lowest absorbency needed for your flow. That might mean trying different absorbencies on different days, and it define how often are you supposed to change your tampon.

Dude, I got my period when I was 11, and I'm 13 now and I've been using tampons the whole time. You don't have to of had sex to use tampons. Plus theree is no age restriction so go for it! You'll be way way way more comfortable!