Do you enjoy swimming? I like it very much and that’s the main reason I’ve started with it. I know that many people start with a certain physical exercise when they want to lose weight, but in my case that’s really only a good side effect. I can’t say losing weight is something negligible, but the enjoyment I feel while swimming is a far greater reason for me.

I agree with you about people who take up swimming as a means of reducing the weight. I’m one of them.  I also enjoy swimming and that’s why I’ve chosen it over running or cycling, but the truth is that I would never decide to start swimming as a sports activity if it weren’t for fitness and shaping up my body. I like swimming and I can spend the whole day in water, but only when that water is sea, lake or ocean. This way, it’s not so pleasant and I must say that, though it can be interesting, it’s very demanding and exhausting. It’s great when you enjoy in something you do, but unfortunately it’s so rare.