Hello. I have three cats and they are sick all the time. It must be because they’re pretty old. My oldest cat is 11 years old and my youngest is 6 years old.

I had a few kittens too but I had to give them away. I was forced to rent a part of my house and the kittens were too noisy for my new flat mates. -.-

Anyway, I came here mostly to ask you about pet insurance. It is starting to get a bit expensive, especially since I have three of them. So are there any alternatives to pet insurance?

Hello there Mima.

Trust me, I have a lot of dogs and cats as well, but none of them doesn’t have any insurance :/ I know that this is not something that I should brag about, but it is a fact :)

But there are alternatives especially to those owners who cannot afford premium insurance for their pets.

There is :

- Credit financing that can help you spread the costs out over time,

- There are some financial assistance programs,

- saving plans and

- pet assure.

I don’t know that much about it but I have heard that Pet assure is really great. You should ask someone about it.

Hey guys,

I heard some people talking about this pet assure thing. They keep saying that it is more and more popular and that it is taking place of the traditional pet insurance thing.

When it comes to traditional pet insurance, your price will vary based on your dog's breed, his age and state of residence. Nothing of this matters with pet assure, you have one set plan price regardless of these things. You save 25% on all in-house medical procedures with every visit. Plus, there are no waiting periods like with traditional pet insurance.There are no exclusions on pet assure, neither the age limits. 

Hey guys,

I like this topic by the way, you rarely see people talking about this although it is an important thing.

I know about this CareCredit firm which offers veterinary financing for your pets, but not everybody accepts their card, so you need to ask that your vet, first.

This card is used for everything that a vet can do, whether it's to cover annual expenses or for unexpected costs like pet prescriptions and house calls. It works with anything, annual check-ups, spaying, teeth cleaning, parasites, medications, vaccination, microchipping, etc.

But remember to ask your vet if he accepts this kind of card first. :)

Hi everyone,

There are a lot of alternatives to pet insurance, Mima, but I'm not sure how much better they are when compared to pet insurance.

I've heard about pet assure too, people say that it is pretty good but I don't think that anything will ever take place of pet insurance, it is the best thing of this type around.

I've heard of saving accounts too, but people who use them are missing the point of pet insurance. What if your dog needs a surgery that costs more than a 1000 dollars, and you only got 100 saved?

CareCredit works with a small number of vets, so I wouldn't recommend that either.

Hello. Of course. There are so many alternatives to pet insurance. It is a great thing for those who cannot afford insurance because it is very expensive. For those who have minimal pet insurance coverage due to old age limitations these alternatives are very helpful and can help you cover remaining costs. I agree with others, because those all are pet alternatives. But I would suggest you to talk with your vet about this. I am sure that with his help you will be able to pick up the best option for your dog and for you, of course. Good luck!

Hello there guys :)

Well, this is the first time that I hear something like this :)

And I really can tell you that I am very excited because of this. I am planning to get insurance for my dog and my cat, but it is pretty expensive for me now :/

Yes, I am struggling with my financial problems but I don’t want my pets to be aware of it lol :)

I was wondering how can I determine which alternative is the best choice for me?

Anyone in here with some experience?

And yes, thank you very much!

Hi there guys. Really? I never heard about it and I just can’t explain you how happy I am because I found this topic. I am planning to get insurance for all my pets but it is expensive and I don’t have so much money like many of you :/

I always prayed that there is alternative and now I am going to call my vet and ask him a little bit about it :)

I am sure that I am going to find good option and I will let you know more about it.

Do you think that alternatives are worth of it?