Have been married to my husband for 20 years..Alcohol is a big problem with him. He almost died from drinking in 2010. I took care of him for almost a year nursing back to "good" health..Then he went back to drinking when he was better..Have been seperated on for 8 months and i am finally happy..I love him with all my heart but can't take anymore let downs..Now he has deceided to stop because it's so bad..Not sure what to do..Stand by him again or let him do it alone..We have 2 grown children and are about ready to become grandparents..Help...What to do

alcohol addiction is an ugly thing. my older sister was a huge alcoholic. it took a doctor to tell her if she didn't stop.drinking she would die to finally get her to sober up. if your happy stay happy. but if you love your husband stand by him. you always stand by the ones you love. e end if it is hard. if he's done have him.prove it to you. but the only person controlling your happyness is you.

im at whits end financee was brought to er with aseisure mon nite was given meds sent home.having cat scan soon.The med he on exhausts him to no end so today he decided to buy 6pk..To tell you truth he seems better today but i know alchol not answer to a problem.How do i go on know he wouldnt quit..Linscence suspend 6mth for haveing a unexplain seisure .

If you think that your husband has decided on quitting alcohol addiction, then you should be happy that he is going to cross the first step of overcoming addiction. I would suggests you not to push him because it will take time. He now need support so you and your family would be the best supporter for him. The next step is keeping him away from environment of addiction. This will help him in forgetting the habit and besides this try to keep him engaged with other activities. Also serve him with new delicious food so that he gets attracted towards the food rather than alcohol. Hope doing all these things will keep him healthy and happier.