Thursday was a planned off day. Friday, it was raining outside and I was tired, so in a semi-conscious state I reset my alarm for 9:30 instead of the 7:00 to run. Snooze buttons aren't a problem for me. I end up turning off the alarm or waking up just enough to set it for an hour later. Last night I forgot to set the alarm for 8, even though I kept reminding myself right before bed. Had my sister not been here, I probably would've slept until 11. So here I sit at 9:15 eating some pre-run toast. There's a home football game today (LSU vs Florida), and the lakes where I run are right off campus. Traffic will be horrendus both ways and I'm unsure if I'll have time to do a needed long run before work.

It's not that I'm not motivated to run. On the contrary, I wish I could just run all the time. I just don't know what the deal is. I need a personal trainer to beat the c**p out of me when I don't run.

Are the mornings the only times when you can fit in your runs? Perhaps you can try to fit in your runs later in the day like in the late afternoon or evening. I personally don't do well with early morning runs and I have no time for them anyways- I have to get up early in order to commute to school. I usually do mine around noontime during my breaks or in the late afternoon after classes.

Yeah it's pretty much morning or nothing. If I wait until night to run, it's usually 10 oclock or later before I can get out there. I really like running at night, but I'm much more likely to not do it. I did get out there this morning. Needed a long run but only did 6.5. So freaking humid...

Why don't you sleep in your running clothes so in that way you are more motivated to head out the door? Haven't tried this method before but I'm sure quite some do..

I actually knew a woman that did in college....she's be in the OT in April.... :shrug:

I've only got 2 pairs of running shorts, and I'm sure not going to wash every other day. I know I smell nice to all of you, but when I run, it's usually in "dirty" shorts.

I could be a rotten old mongrel here and suggest you change your name to RUNNER DROP OUT.

But I won't.

Can I just repeat:- "IF IT IS TO BE ITS UP TO ME"

I think we all have those weeks. I wouldn't beat myself up too much over a week where life gets in the way. If you needed the extra sleep, it's probably good you got it. After all, it's one week out of how many running?

I posted a few weeks ago that I was exhausted all the time, and was oversleeping (which I never do). I finally told my coach (who is also a Registered dietician) and he looked at my diet, training etc. and thought I may be low on electolytes etc... He recommended I add a gatorade a day, which I did, and it worked for me.