Not actually running with the baby, but running while you have a baby in the house, is very difficult I am discovering.

I was extremely motivated to run this am. We had track yesterday, I'd been resting quite a bit because of my sore achilles (which is gone), and quite frankly, I was itching to get out on the roads. The weather has been phenomenal.

So, Marcus woke up at 4 am, and I got up and fed him a bottle. So when the alarm went off at 5:30, I took it as a personal insult, shut it off, and went back to sleep.

Suggestions:shrug: how do you maintain a good healthy baby, a good workout schedule, and still get a decent night's sleep?

Sorry, Coach. It doesn't happen. Maybe in a few years. Michael is a year old this weekend and I still have troubles finding time to fit in runs. You must sacrifice some of your training for your family. I know you know that family is most important, but I also know how hard it is to give running a break now and again. It's the only way, tough, at least I've found that.

My figuring is a 40-min run is going to do me more good than the 40-min of sleep would. For me, I also sleep soo much better when I'm on a good running schedule, I can drop off like nothin' and even when woke up at night, getting back to sleep is no prob. :twocents:

You don't. I mean you can't without your wife attempting to strangle you in your sleep...if you were to ignore certain parental obligations. In a few months, you really can run with baby! This is how I fell in love with running. Last year, I began taking my daughter out in the jogging stroller... Let me tell you, the workout is crazy. Good luck to you!

A treadmill, a gate around the treadmill to prevent little fingers from touching it (when they crawl around) or a swing the swings next to you while you run.

...how do you maintain a good healthy baby, a good workout schedule, and still get a decent night's sleep?

...So when the alarm went off at 5:30, I took it as a personal insult, shut it off, and went back to sleep.

I think you answered your own question.

I know this is kiinda old. If you have a baby, is it okay to take the baby outside with you when you run? The baby will be in a stroller, then you push it while running.