Hello! I am 32 and I have two daughters aged 8 and 5. My children simply adore berry fruits. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries- you name it, they eat it all. I am trying to be innovative and make them different things from this fruit they like. Also I would like to make some jam for the winter so that they can enjoy the taste they love during cold season too. I am running out of ideas though and I need fresh ideas how to prepare berries. Help!

Hello! I grew up on blueberry pie and strawberry jam and I can perfectly understand why your children like the berry fruit so much. If you want to preserve berries throughout the winter you can freeze them. I guess you knew this but I would just like to add that is far better if you wash them and add some sugar before freezing cause that way they will keep their firmness and color. Also it is better to freeze them spread over the cookie sheet rather than in the container. This way you can take them out and make cakes, pies or fruit milk shakes every time your girls desire it.

Hi! I would like to share a recipe my grandmother thought me how to make. It is for the blueberry sauce, although I guess you can put any berries in it if you like. You need 4 cups of berries, 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 spoon of vanilla extract and a half of tea spoon of salt. You should crush the berries and add everything but vanilla extract since it comes in at the end. You cook it until it boils for one minute. That is when you add vanilla and let it cool down. You can keep it in your fridge and use for pancakes, puddings, ice cream or even cakes. Enjoy!