Good day there.

Fighting with fleas on my cat is something that almost ate my all nerves. I really don’t know what to do anymore, but I suppose that I am not the only one who is struggling with them. I mean, I am reading this site and I can see that a lot of pet owners (almost all of them) have problem with fleas.

You probably have more experience than I do.

Here is the story. A few months ago my cat was spending a time with some cat from the street. Since that day she has fleas constantly.

I get rid of them but they are back for a less than one week.

Is there any way to protect your cat from fleas? What should I do?

I would pay a fortune for this…trust me!

Hey there Cat 99.

Don’t worry, the same problem I have and sometimes I think that is not possible to prevent fleas to attack your cat…

Sure you can do some things, but I think that they are not so helpful. At least in my case. I was trying everything and anything but nothing was that helpful.

Here is what you can do. You can spot – on products on your cat because they are safer and more effective than traditional flea collars, sprays and combs. You can buy them from your vet and then consult him where to put this product, how often and how to use it.

Trust me, nothing is better than treatment that your vet recommended you.

Good day!
I am so HAPPY because I can help you :)
I totally agree with Millie – Cat about spot – on products. I am using Fipronil in Frontiline Plus and I can say that I am very satisfied. Since I am using it I never had any problems with fleas in my cat. Also, once a month I am giving my cat medicine in the food. It is recommended by my vet. You can also take your cat to receive the injection every six moth. It doesn’t kill adult fleas but it keeps them from reproducing. My vet prescribed Capstar pill and it kills fleas within half an hour.

I have the same problem with my cats. :/ I’m fighting with it for over a year. My cats live indoor but we have a big yard and I often let them to walk around outside cause I think that a life spent inside , among four walls can be very depressing for them. And I don’t want them to be depressed, but then again the flea problem is driving me crazy.

A friend suggested me to buy a collar against fleas on Amazon and so I did, but it didn’t really help much. I’m still looking for a better solution. :/

Hello all!

I’m surprised that nothing works for you guys.

I used to buy all sorts of products that are used against fleas and everything that I’ve tried really worked. Especially those ampoules that are supposed to be applied to your cat’s coat beginning from the neck along the spine to the tail.

I was advised to buy those from a friend who is using them for years and he is very satisfied.

I didn’t like the price much, but when it comes to the results, they really couldn’t be better. I never had problems with fleas while using those, really.

I was buying this collar against fleas, I think the name was Hartz or Harts, I am not sure. Anyway it was very effective and useful for me especially during the holidays cause that’s the only time during the year when my cat gets to spend a lot of time outside the house. We usually go at my mom’s house for holidays and since she hates my cat, she doesn’t let me bring her inside the house, and therefore Lilly is outside most of the day. The collar worked very well for me, I didn’t buy it from Amazon but from one acquaintance of mine.  

The collar that you can buy on Amazon certainly doesn’t work.

I don’t know what collars can you find on your market, but the best thing to do is to ask your vet for the best option, he must have people coming to him/her for advice all the time, and especially if you have a vet with years of experience, he must know what’s the best thing that can be found on the market.

For me, the best option would be collar plus ampules ( I think ampules are supposed to be applied once in a month) and you’re safe.