Hello everyone. I am really concerned about my cat. We went to see the vet, but he told me that he just can’t find anything. The main problem is because my cat had diarrhea, and she still has diarrhea as well. But, beside this, two days ago, I have notice that my cat is urinating more than before. I don’t know what to do, I am really worried because she was always healthy, and now, she is sick for a few days.

My friend told me that some canned food can help me to cure my cat.

Do you know any canned cat food for urinary health? 

Hey. I am really sorry to hear this. I know that she is in pain, but the worst thing is because you really don’t know how to help her. I am really surprised because you can’t get more information from you vet :/ You really should find some other opinion, that is what I think.

About your question, you should consider to try Royal Canin veterinary diet urinary SO Morsels in Gravy canned cat food. This food's ingredients are chicken and pork, but if you want to order it online you will need a vet’s prescription. It is not expensive at all, and it is really good.

Good luck! 

Hm, your cat is having some serious condition. You are talking about two symptoms which are connected to her lower urinary tract. It is very odd how vet haven’t recognized it. You definitely need to seek another opinion.

There are various causes of this condition, such as: stones in bladder or urethra, weak or infectious bladder, injury and/or stress…

You can ease her a little by modifying her diet. You need to feed her more frequently with smaller portions. Look for canned food which is high protein/low carbohydrate with added water and low in phosphorus, as this is your cat needs right now.

I don’t know what to do. We went to see the vet, but some results didn’t show anything – no stone, no injury. Also, I don’t see any signs of stress. He told me that she might have problems with weak or infectious bladder, so we need to do more analysis. Today, she is feeling much better, but she has some moves again like she is in pain. I just can’t watch her. Yes, she is on some diet program that my vet recommended me, so I will see what is going to happen in the next few days.

If you do know anything else about this issue, please let me know. 

Hello. Yes, you are right. There are some manufacturers that are making cat canned food with purpose to clean and revitalize cat’s urinary tract. Of course, you should be careful while choosing the brand because not all of them are made from natural ingredients. The problem could be the availability of these products. You can’t find them in every supermarket like other ordinary cat foods. One solution is to try ordering online. I think you can find it on amazon or ebay.

I recommend these brands:  Wysong Uretic Feline Diet Dry Cat Food and Purina One Cat Adult Urinary Tract Formula Cat Food.

Hi. My cat has problems with his urinary tract. He never had them before, but now he is an eight year old cat and I need to take better care of his health than of my own if I want to keep him alive.

It was only recently when he started urinating everywhere. One day I came home from work earlier. I took a shower and I heard him walking by my bed. When I left the bathroom I saw that he urinated all over the bed. Few days after he did the same, but this time it was my new coat who had to suffer.I will try some of these foods you all suggested, I hope some of them will help him.

Don’t listen to what your friend told you. You cannot treat your cat on your own. Those are some symptoms that require a vet. And I can’t believe your vet did not suggest anything to help your cat. Have you considered visiting another vet?

It could be some bacterial infection right? And if so, the cat must be treated. Have they run the tests already?

The truth is, foods that rubylock mentioned are supposed to help with urination problems, but not to solve them. Maybe the cat will need some antibiotics which you will need to combine with this food. I don’t know.