Everyone who has cats, help. My cat has this problem with her teeth and mouth, whenever I want to brush them, she starts acting crazy. :/ I really don’t know why. I tried everything, giving her treats before and after the cleaning, so she can associate teeth cleaning with something good, but the only thing that I have achieved is that she starts acting crazy and running away when I give her the treat because she knows what comes next.

Can you recommend me some chew toy or something that can help me with her oral care? Thank you so much!

I am so lucky I don’t have that kind of problem with my cat cause I have a feeling that I wouldn’t be so patient as you. I brush my cat’s teeth regularly, never had problems. Therefore I don’t own any chew toys but I have a friend who buys them regularly. I think she orders them online, they’re like 3-4 dollars, really not expensive and they’re round and triangle shaped. She says they’re helping with teeth and gum and I know her cat loves them. Just google Dental Health Chew Toys with Catnip and something will come up that suits my description.

Hello. The most important thing is to brush your cat’s teeth. It is the only cure and prevention for your cat’s good and healthy teeth, for good oral care. Now when it comes to dental chews, they are really tasty way to get a little more dental health for your cat. Those can be very delicious treats and they can clean your cat’s teeth very fast and fresh the pet's breath as they get chewed up. It is very important to choose chews that have unique texture and enzymatic formula. Not all toys are healthy. So I would prefer chew toy over rubber one.

Hey everyone. Cat lovers, I have five cats and all of them have healthy teeth. You are wondering why? Because I am brushing their teeth and I am using Petrodex dental spray. It is unique and it makes easy to keep your cat’s mouth clean. He contain no alcohol. But you asked about chewing toys. I have bunch of them. I am a huge fan of durable netted dental toys because they clean your cat’s teeth and massage gums while she chews. You can order them. I have rubber toys and I don’t see why they are bad. My cats love them.

Hey there.

Well, I think that I have tried everything and anything of those treats and chewing toys for my cat.

The truth is that whatever you choose after a while your cat will be bored with it after some period. That is why you need to find more options for you cat.

My cat is satisfied with petstages 326 dental health chew cat toy. I buy some “fishes” to her and she loves them. Maybe because they are colorful, I don’ have an idea :)

My vet recommended these to my cat when she had inflamed gums.

But cats are individual creatures and maybe your cat won’t like them :)

Thank you all for the feedback.

@Dog Whisperer I am aware of how important teeth cleaning is, that is why I was so persistent in trying to clean them regularly with a brush. But believe me, it is impossible. You don’t know my cat. She is literally crazy when you’re doing something that’s not convenient for her. She starts being aggressive. I guess I spoiled  her when she was a kitten. Nothing can be done now.

As for the chewing toys, I’ve never used them, but since that is probably my only option, I’m willing to try. I hope that will be enough for her teeth.

Hey everyone.

I agree with you Mima. It is very hard to keep your cat’s teeth clean. I have a cat and my Hope never let me go near her mouth. She is scratching me all the time and there is nothing I can do.

Sorry Dog Whisperer, please don’t get me wrong, but you don’t have a cat (as far as I know :) and you don’t know how aggressive they can be.

I am using chewing toys but I don’t have a lot of success with them. You can try it, but they can be sometimes really annoying for every cat.

My vet cleans my cat’s teeth now. I hope that this will change once and that I will be able to clean my cat’s teeth alone :)

I’ve found out the name of those chew toys today cause I went to visit that friend I mentioned above, the one who has tons of those chewing toys and cat toys in general. I asked her about the name and she told me that they’re simply called Petstages Dental Health Chews. You can find so many shapes. She has some chew rings and chew mice. There is also this pretzel that her cat is crazy about.

All those toys cost 3.99 dollars on Amazon except for the chew ring which costs $ 5.24. They’re very colorful and I think that they could help.

Hey Mia. I am also buying chewing toys from Amazon because I think that they are much cheaper than any other toys that you can find in the pet shop :)

I bought some rubber sandwich and my cat is happy with it – for a while of course.

There are some very interesting toys that are colorful and you get two of them for just 5 dollars.

I think that I will order them soon even if I do know that my cat will refuse them after a while :)

I am still trying to brush my cat’s teeth but no success :/

No matter how much we try to buy our cats (according to our opinion) very interesting toys, you’ll notice that they always like to play the most with crumpled papers,  balls of wool etc.

When it comes to toys, the toy that one cat finds very amusing, some other cat may find it not interesting at all.

So my suggestion is to find her a proper dental food instead of toys, kibble whose ingredients and also shape help in cleaning the teeth and are good for overall dental hygiene.

There is also the other option- dental gels. They are very effective.