Hi, I was just wondering if you succeeded in quitting completely. I have been taking 30mg of oxycodone 4-5x a day and know I am running low. Everyday I wake up saying I am going to taper down, take my first pill hours later than usual, only take a couple to work, ect. and it hasn't happened yet. I really want to stop, I used to love the feeling of energy and happiness, but I don't feel that anymore. That probably means I need more, and that's not the direction I want to go. Thank you for your time and responses..
Michele

To sleep: colonidine and Tylenol pm, get a pill for restless leg syndrome. And if u have to work or something, ween off by waiting until withdrawals happen, and then take way less than u normally do

I have been taking 120-150 Mgs of hydrocodone for a year. I decided enough was enough and tried to quit cold turkey. 48 hours later I was a disaster and my family and fiancé dont know about my addiction. I took 20 Mgs and slept thru the night. Yesterday I set a plan to start at 40 Mgs a day and drop dosage by 5 Mgs each week. Also started on B6 potassium, L-tyrosine, muti vitamin, b12, d, milk thistle, and biotin. Stopped caffeine and anything else that isn't water and drag myself to work everyday. Today I woke up feeling like I was going to have a heart attack. I could only get 35 Mgs yesterday and 15 Mgs this morning. Ironically, I got a hold of 20 more Mgs and even though at noon (4 hrs after taking 15 Mgs) I felt AWFUL! I saved the 2 precious pills in case I freak out tonight. Here is my question, if I taper off really slow and only take the lessened dose if absolutely nessessary then will I still have withdrawls? Like if I get healthy whe tapering and get down to like 5 Mgs every other day or every 3 days how bad will it be. Let me also say that I told my mom (who lives with me) about it all yesterday and she is going to monitor and support me. But I'm scared.

I hope someone has the correct answer for supportof4. I have tried to do this as well and it seems no matter how small the dosage I get down to, I always suffer severe withdrawal pains when I stop taking them. I was taking 10mg every other day, after weeks of tapering down. Whenever the pain became too much to bear, I would take 1. But it seemed like no matter how low the dosage, the withdrawal would start all over again only hours after my last dose. How much time has to go by in order for this to stop? Its very discouraging.

Also, supportof4, you are very lucky to have the support of your mom. My addiction is a complete secret from everyone in my life. Having someone there to monitor you, should definitely make things easier on you. Having to hide the pain and try to act normal makes it all so much worse.

OH NO! This is terrible news! I was hoping if I spent 5 or 6 weeks tapering and getting my body healthy and prepared it would not be so painful! Did you prepare yourself with (vitamins n such) getting healthier while tapering? I support 3 kids and my mom. I can't miss work and I can't freak out with withdrawls because my fiancé is very smart and will know. Even though I should tell him. It felt better to tell my mom and she's amazing thank god! Part of me says tapering is my only option and part of me just wants to suffer and get it over with! Mom says no. Too many hert conditions in my family. Damn jaw surgery got me addicted. Felt like I was super mom and could do anything! Now 9 days shy of a year later and I WANT OUT OF THIS PRISON! No weeks of tapering and waiting just do it, hurt, and be done! Has anyone had good luck with tapering? I've never done any other drugs and I just want this over!

Yes I immediately felt better after telling her and funny thing is I was freaking out today and felt like my heart would explode but soon after getting those 2 10's I got calm and put them in my purse. Haven't taken them yet and I'm not dying yet. It's like knowing they are there if things get too unbearable actually soothed my symptoms! So I am going to play that for what's its worth and who knows maybe giving them to mom to guard for the worst may just be a key I need to succeed!

Mable,
Thanks for answering. All the forums I've read so far have been years old and I needed someone to respond. Tell me your story.

Hi guys,
I, too, am scared.  About a month ago, I abused my RX and ran out 10 days before my appointment, having only one left that I HAD to save for the day of because of the pee test.  If it didn't show, no go!  Anyways, the first day and a half wasn't bad, due to the opiates still lingering in my body.  The next 8 were miserable.  I was cold, hot, nauseous, bitchy, flu like symptoms and cravings, which were the worse.  I take vitamin B12, the one that starts with the "L-", drank poppy seed tea, and nothing really seemed to help.  My legs wouldn't stop moving when I tried to sleep.  TORTURE, but what was worse is I actually felt better on the 9th day, I should of continued with the detox and NEVER started the oxycodone again.  Instead, I am in the same boat as last month.  I will run out before my appointment if I don't taper down.  I promised myself to do better today and I didn't.  THIS SUCKS!!  Your right when you say "Prison" because that is where I am, a prisoner of these stupid pills!!!!!  I have to taper down,but I haven't heard any success stories with tapering.  UGHHHH!  Did either of you sneeze alot?  I did when I was into the 4th or 5th day and it was constantly.  Anyways, thanks for listening to me vent, HUGS....

I'm sorry that sounded like bad news. I wish I had the answers we are both looking for. I have been addicted to opiates for over 6 years now. Its my own fault though. I never had a reason to take them. I started taking them for fun and had no idea it would turn into this. I wish I never started. I am constantly in a state of trying to quick but I never seem to succeed. I've tried tapering and cold turkey. They both suck. I just want to wake up one day and be free from this prison of addiction. The worst part for me is knowing how unnessicary the whole thing is. My boyfriend doesn't know anything about it and that makes it even harder. I could really use some support. I may have some success with quitting if someone could monitor me and help me through the pain, both physically and mentally. Don't get too discouraged by my history because I did not do anything else to help my body while tapering. You may not have the same results as I did because you are doing more to get yourself healthy. Honestly the best thing I have found to help with the withdrawal pains is kratom. You have to buy it online but it is totally worth it. It takes away ALL withdrawal symptoms. Its amazing! You should definitely try it. The reason it hasn't completely worked for me is because I feel the need to get high in my mind. You took opiates in the first place because of a medical condition. I did it to get high. I can go days without taking an opiate as long as I have kratom. I always fall off the wagon though because I miss the feeling of uphoria. I think you should at least give it a try. Its all natural and comes from a plant so you're not trading one addiction for another like you would be with something like methadone. It isn't addicting either. This may be just what you need to get through the worst of it. I need help in my head. Otherwise I think I could have quit with the help of kratom. Thanks so much for asking to hear my story. This forum is the only support I have and very few people have reached out to me.

I sneeze CONSTANTLY and immediately when withdrawls start. But since I like sneezing that doesn't bother me. It's the yawning I HATE an the RLS and insomnia that tortures my brain. The chest pains are a nightmare! I, like you, always promised to taper and do better but never did. I think it's different now though because I have told my mom and asked for help. Now that someone knows it's like I have to! Plus, you have to be ready I guess and I just am.

Mable,
I am sooo sorry for you! 6 years. I can't imagine. Yes I started for pain but after the first 2 months it was for the high. My jaw is fine now, although it kills when I WD of course. I will be on here constantly do please feel free to reach out whenever you need to. I will be looking for my new friend often. I have heard once of this kratom

Sorry hit send by mistake. Anyway I've heard of it once before. Does it really help that well with symptoms? If so I will order it TODAY! Is it very expensive? Well no more so than my habit I guess. Lol. Before I started getting high I was a health but so anything all natural I can take I'm all for it!

Hi Mable,
Yes, mine is PARTLY medical, but now it is pure addition. I had surgery April 5th, still taking more than prescribed and surgery pain is no longer the reason. OK, Kratom! I have bought so many different kinds and they all don't seem to work. I have capsules (that I heard are c**p), I have green vein powder, I have a leafy tea like substance that I bought in Florida, and they all make me completely wiped out. Sleepy and just useless. Do you have any suggestions on what is closest to the opiate feeling?? I am all about the natural herbs, for real. I will try to be here at least once a day to help in the support department. We kinda need each other because I too have told no one. This is my second try at quitting and they have all been through this c**p before. They have no idea I am back on this train wreck...
Michele

Hello again!
Well last night I actually felt ok after just that 15 Mgs yesterday morning. Talked to mom a lot last night and was surprised to find I didn't feel bad at all. Took a hot bath and smoked some pot with my fiancé which I never do. Made love and slept like a baby. I prayed a a lot and honestly believe god is carrying me through this. Just woke up and came right to this site. I'm shaking a lot and my chest feels very constricted. I amazingly still have the 2 pills from yesterday. I am going to pray, make some decaf coffee, take my vitamins, and try to start the day and get past this feeling. It came on like this yesterday afternoon and somehow it calmed down and I felt almost normal. My guess is god. Hook luck to all!