Man if you quit 6 years of Heroine and are hitting the pills my thought is you have nothing to worry about just quit that sh*t asap! YES you can run the withdrawals out and sweat that sh*t out! However do not think because you quit heroine it's OK to do the pills! NO stop that sh*t asap before it's too later... :)

i know this post is a long time ago and I hope you are in recovery by now.... I am day 1 starting this but Im not feeling that much of anything yet... was taking 10-325 norco 3-4 time a day , sometimes less... i was also in an accident. I just had a really bad infection that got into my blood from kidneys... the er put me on morphine then I was put on fentynol and percocet for breakthrough pain.... I want off! before i go sick my doc was just starting to ween me down from the norcos... I think somehow ive tricked my body bc the pain of the infection was so bad I quick taking the norcos when i started the fentynol and percocet.... i quit the percocet bc it make me sick ... now its been 24hrs since I've had a patch on. I don't know what to expect but as for the pain! I don't where you live but Im in Dallas and a place called Pure Healing changed my life! The do exactly what your asking by incorporation everything. The chiro i went did a modality called active release therapy with bits of the Graston method. Amazing!! first actually relief I've gotten since the accident so glad i did not do surgery as suggested

so do i young girls and only roxys but i know what u mean well email me if u have more info on stopping my ears r open, but u still can like girls without the drugs

Dude there is a legal "drug" called Kratom. Order it!! I'm serious. I take 6 30mg of oxycodone daily so obviously when/if I run out I feel like I'm going to die. I found out about this the other day when I knew I was going to run out early of my regular stuff so I ordered it in hopes of tricking my body into thinking it's fine. It works!! There are plenty of places to order it and you can research it online. It was like I never ran out of my pain killers. Kratom

I use kratom too. Its truly a miracle product! Everyone on this site should get some. It makes things so much easier!

Hi. Ive been fighting my pain with so many opiets for so long that i can easily take 5 lorcet 10 a few times a day. Ive been trying to stop for a wiles (or at least get to a healther leavel). the two things that actually help that dont come with there own thret of withdrawl are neroten (gabapenten) and tramodole.

Smoke weed (seriously saved my life), find some krantom, take a week off work, drink energy drinks or coffee. And you have to come off right- taper off gradually. Today is day 3 of opiate sobriety for me, I've been on methadone for 2 + years and deep into oxys or any opiate for 10 + years before that. My mistake was trusting a doctor when they told me to get on methadone (big mistake that stuff is way worse then any pill I've taken and a lot harder to quit). I shouldve got off 2 years ago and just delt with it but I didn't think I could handle it. I had a pill addiction and the clinic I went to let my dose get way outta hand. Started at 20 mgs of methadone and ended up at 120 mgs. Over the last 6 months I've went from 120 to 0 titrating gradually and very rapidly (compared to the clinics plan of 2 mgs every 2 weeks, I took the treatment into my own hands). The higher the dose I had the more impossible of a task it seemed. By the time I hit 30 I started changing my thinking habits from ill do anything to avoid withdrawal to bring it on! I know this is gonna sound like bs cause when people said it to me I said the same thing but if you think you can you will if you think you won't then you won't. It took a long time for me to figure this out but 90% of withrawals are in your head. We get to the point that fear of withdrawal is worse then going through it. Now that 10% is still gonna suck...bad but it will be way worse if you have the mentality that you will never get through it cause you wont. Now I'm smack dab in the middle of hell week, I haven't slept in a week and I can't lay still and yes all my muscles hurt but keep telling yourself its better to do it one time then spending all your paycheck, hustle,steal or "borrow" finding stuff when you run out trying to prevent the inevitable. Its super messed up that the pills that are supposed to stop pain create a way worse problem. Anyway I promise you will get through it and use your brain power... Way more effective than any opiate. Try to have a good attitude and you will surprise yourself...

what did u take that was over the counter that helped you??

Hi I am buying oxycodone off the street every day just to feel normal, I don't even get high no more, I want to stop, the withdrawals are intense, I feel like im dieing, I have kids and I need to get off them, I signed up at the methadone clinic, but idk if I wanna go... I just want my life back....

I don't think methadone is a good idea. I know some people that tried that and it only made things worse. Just trading one addiction for another.

I have to agree with this post 100%

I agree with Mable. Methadone is not a good idea. This drug has a half life of 72 hours unlike morphine based drugs like oxy and hydro that are 4 hrs. Withdrawals from Oxy and Hydro are horrible,but do to the short half life,recovery is much quicker than the long acting methadone. Remember thiis, you will eventually suffer withdrawals. Methadone will just extend the time suffering to a much greater degree. Oxy withdrawal will be over in a few days,It can take weeks and even months for methadone withdrawals to start subsiding

I was on Oxycodone 20 and Ocycotin 20 for 3 years and it controlled my life. I started out with percocet 10 1 x a day and they I ended up with a tolorance and it spiraled out of controll. I would try and go through the withdrawls but the pain was to much to bare. Well I decided to move out of state and the sate I moved to does not prescribe the meds without extensive medical records proving that I had all the testing nessecery and proof of my conditions. So before I left the state I was in I asked my doctor for my meds and then asked for fentenal patches. I got here to my new state and I ran out of my pills so I put my patch on 1 every 3 days til I was out and took so gabapenton. I still had withdrawls but it was so much easier for me then if I would have just stopped. Its has been 6 weeks now and I am doing great. I went to the doctor and she was going to give me my narcs and I was strong enough to say NO that I will take anything for pain that you can give me IF its not a Opiate. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed with the reality that someday this has got to stop. It's scary when you count your pills and realize that you only have enough for 1 more day and you just had your script filled 4 days ago. But you can do this, its just a question of are you READY to do this. And the patch will help you soooo much. I hoped that I helped you and if I didnt I hope that you find what you are looking for.

The following is what is being used to help my wife get off narcotics. The thing is she was given these for a reason, severe pain in the low and mid back. We think it is the mesh implants causing the pain, regardless, there is no one to fill prescriptions for the narcotics. So here we go.
The ER prescribed the following to help with the withdrawal symptoms. So far she has been sleeping all day.
So, First deal with original pain: They prescribed Toradol Tablets-10mg for this and any inflamation-1 every 6 hours, she used 2 every 4 hours.
Then Clonidine - .1 mg, 4 times a day - then 3 times a day-then 2 times a day, Q-Dryl-25mg for nausea and to make you drowsy- 1-4 every four hours. She also took 1 Ativan-.5 mg starting out, helps with sleep. One more the next day, but no more after that. Keep plenty of bottled water on hand. She took her last percocette at 8:00 PM last night. Had some minor pain and anger this morning, but started sleeping. Doesn't want any food right now. Sleep seems to be a major key. I would hate to be doing this alone.I will post how this turns out within a few days. It's the original pain issue that worries me about doing this.

You are the first one I heard say this about catching a cold.It now confirms I wasn't just imagining this.I had a cold once while I was dope sick and yes you're right it was almost like the dope sick wasn't as bad.